Mick-O-Pegs vs Ergo II's - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mick-O-Pegs vs Ergo II's

Quote Originally Posted by txswat View Post
    Not very pleased yet with my Ergo's...just can't seem to get them tweaked correctly for me...6'1" w/34" inseam...plan on spending a good effort to find a sweet spot before I think about the mick-o-pegs thanks to the good ergo comments here
    I had Ergo's on my two previous full Wings with the standard 4" arms and I, like you, could never quite make them work for me. With the F6B, the mini arms were my answer. They have given me the adjustability I needed to make them very comfortable. Keep tryin'. Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by txswat View Post
    Not very pleased yet with my Ergo's...just can't seem to get them tweaked correctly for me...6'1" w/34" inseam...plan on spending a good effort to find a sweet spot before I think about the mick-o-pegs thanks to the good ergo comments here
    If you haven't yet, get the mini arms. You will find a sweet spot with them. Before, I tried the 6" and the 4" arms and never could find a comfortable position with those arms.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have resisted pegs with 'arms' because of the possibility of the arm mounted peg puncturing the valve/plug cover should you drop the bike. I have the Ergo IIs which are built like a tank. Yes, my bike fell over, once, and no damage.

Ergos II

I have the Ergos II and even through I'm six foot I had to tilt them back to reach. I throw my legs out as soon as possible. If I could get forward controls out there I would>

Quote Originally Posted by wroc1 View Post
    I have the Ergos II and even through I'm six foot I had to tilt them back to reach. I throw my legs out as soon as possible. If I could get forward controls out there I would>
    Forward controls I would do as well. That's the only thing I miss from a V-twin.
    KJ
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I like the Mick-O-Pegs but my left pants leg will catch on the left peg when I come to a stop and am putting that leg down. Have almost dropped the bike a few times because of this. I have to think about putting my left foot down back near where the kickstand is so that it does not catch. May give the ergo ii's with the short arms a try. Do you hit the hot valve cover with your ankle at all?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    I like the Mick-O-Pegs but my left pants leg will catch on the left peg when I come to a stop and am putting that leg down. Have almost dropped the bike a few times because of this. I have to think about putting my left foot down back near where the kickstand is so that it does not catch. May give the ergo ii's with the short arms a try. Do you hit the hot valve cover with your ankle at all?
    I haven't had any heat issues on the ankle/foot using the mini arms. I'm 6' and have the Mustang Seat which sits me about 1" lower than stock.
    KJ
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I just installed the Ergo IIs with mini arms and really like them. They are adjustable friendly and have very good ground clearence. They put my legs in the perfect position for cruising. Love them!!
    Save a biker........Open your f-ing eyes!! (and get off your phone)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ghostrider,

Do your mini-arms drag before or after the pegs do? We are a tad short on ground clearance with the F6B, but sometimes comfort forces compromises!

God bless and watch out for coked up cowboys and tweeting teens,

srkeet

Quote Originally Posted by srkeet View Post
    Ghostrider,

Do your mini-arms drag before or after the pegs do? We are a tad short on ground clearance with the F6B, but sometimes comfort forces compromises!

God bless and watch out for coked up cowboys and tweeting teens,

srkeet
    I notice my belly pan drags first now. I haven't done any really hard cornering yet with the new Ergo's installed. I did notice with the pads extended they would scrape first (just by looking down at them in a corner) but folded up there is plenty of clearance. It also would depend on how you have the mini arms adjusted, mine are adjusted at about a 45 degree "up" angle which increases clearance and comfort for me.
    Save a biker........Open your f-ing eyes!! (and get off your phone)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]