Expanded my stable... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expanded my stable...

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    I break my HD friends all the time about there shaky hot air blowing HD motors/bikes
    When my SGlide riding buddy pulls up next to my 6 at a stoplight, I point at his shakin 103 and ask him if it's nervous,,,

When some ask why…I ask why not?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    When my SGlide riding buddy pulls up next to my 6 at a stoplight, I point at his shakin 103 and ask him if it's nervous,,,
    Ride it like you stole it

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post

engines aren't supposed to do that.

I ask, "if you opened your car's hood and saw it shaking like that ... you'd freak out and take it to a shop!"

Cool Harley Shake

Not all Harley engines behave as paint mixers, some are very smooth, powerful and have been water cooled for over 12 years:

Attachment 5742Attachment 5743Attachment 5744Attachment 5745

That's my 2009 Harley VRSCF Muscle. It is smooth, reliable and powerful (125 HP and 86 ft/pounds of torque). It weighs less than 700lbs. It has 5 gallons of fuel and gets about 35 mpg.

My friend who is a Service Manager at St. Pete HD (Jim's) said once his dealership does not like selling them as they don't get to work on them much except for regular maintenance. I have about 18,000 trouble free miles on mine and I had it since 2011, it only had about 2000 miles when I bought it.

This way I get to ride with Harley friends as well, but mostly I enjoy both bikes. I've done as much as 500 miles per day on Muscle and over 700 per day on F6B. I feel fortunate to have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Not all Harley engines behave as paint mixers, some are very smooth, powerful and have been water cooled for over 12 years:

Attachment 5742Attachment 5743Attachment 5744Attachment 5745

That's my 2009 Harley VRSCF Muscle. It is smooth, reliable and powerful (125 HP and 86 ft/pounds of torque). It weighs less than 700lbs. It has 5 gallons of fuel and gets about 35 mpg.

My friend who is a Service Manager at St. Pete HD (Jim's) said once his dealership does not like selling them as they don't get to work on them much except for regular maintenance. I have about 18,000 trouble free miles on mine and I had it since 2011, it only had about 2000 miles when I bought it.

This way I get to ride with Harley friends as well, but mostly I enjoy both bikes. I've done as much as 500 miles per day on Muscle and over 700 per day on F6B. I feel fortunate to have both.
    Love the bike!

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    yup. Had one of those "the v-rod ain't a harley" conversations with a long time harley guy about a week ago. Pretty sure you buy them new from a Harley dealer and the title says harley... but you know how "they" think!

I had the same arguments over my baby harleys back in the day. The bikes AND titles still say Harley Davidson on them.

I seriously can't believe the crap I'm getting for buying a Sportster. All from HD people! Most of it is teasing but it's getting old fast. I need to wear a shirt that says, "I had a Dyna and I had a Street Glide, but I choose to ride a Sportster. STFU"

Oh well. I love the bike and I'm the one riding it. F-em. My wife rode with me yesterday for the first time in over a year. That makes it all worthwhile.

I rode the F6B to work today. It's like a two wheeled Cadillac! Best bike ever!

Did they call it a Skirtster? I always laugh at assholes who pick on other bikes and bikers….Pick on the people who don't ride, lots of those. I had a couple of guys put rice under my 1500 Kaw Nomad and they were on Sportsters….. I was like wow you look del tough on girl bikes! Because I was mad as I just got that big bike. IMHO 1200 sportster is one of the best HD bikes made I just feel WAY too big on one of those.
    Ride safe
    The less you bet, the more you lose when you win

I had a H-Douchebag try messing with me at a light was revving the piss of his bike, I let him let his clutch out 1st and before I even shifted he was a spec in my passenger side mirror! He then did what I call the "fly by of shame" after me and the wifey was at cruising speed, he didn't even look at me as he passed at prob double the speed limit. As a former AMA defined "original outlaw club" member who left in good standing, I can tell H-Douchebags are as plentyfull as H-D motorcycle for sale. Do not get me wrong I love the history of HD and their motorcycle minus the lack of advancement and the multitude of issues with these motorcycle (even though I still own one), but I can nolonger tolerate these boi's that want to play bad ass until I wanna play, lol, .
    DOD Retired Cold War, Operation Promote Liberty, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran. PPR (PAINt proBLEM registry) Member! Current rides: 1984 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 1340, 2013 Honda GoldWing F6B 1832, 2014 BMW R nine T 1170