Which GPS? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which GPS?

GPS

Me and the wife use the zumo 660 because it is water proof
    and I use the mp3 player , before the 660 we used the zumo 550.

what do you boys think of the 590? is it the newest?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post
    what do you boys think of the 590? is it the newest?
    Yep 590 just came out, not a whole lot of real world usage yet. The guys over at advrider.com have a thread going with a couple of early adopters. Seems to have some cool features if you want to integrate with a smart phone and Pandora radio.

Personally unless that stuff is a big deal to you I would use the 590's release as a way to watch out for killer deals on used 660 or 665 (same thing except the 665 has XM) as some guys update.

Zumo 590LM Bundle Good Deal?

gspcity has the 590LM with 2 tire pressure monitors for $859.95. It appears to be an $80 savings.

This looks like a good deal to me. Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

shooter
    I use a Garmin 560 LMT Dezl. Its made to withstand tough usage and has all the features. Bluetooth etc. Its not waterproof. Has provisions for a back up camera. I've been thinking about adding one under the back to help in city traffic. The feature that attracted me to it is the powered cradle. I bought three extra cradles at 19 dollars each and mounted them on the other bike , car , and truck. The GPS just pops out and back in. Nothing to unplug. I stop and get off the bike I pop the Dezl out and put it in the cubby. Works good for me. I've had it two years and no problem.

Mount GPS on fuel door?

Hi - I want to take the GPS from my car and quickly mount or remove it to the top of the gas tank as needed (I prefer not to mount it to the handle bars because I want to keep the handle bars clean and free of clutter). Does anyone know of a Velcro type (for quick & easy installation/removal) of accessory holder that can be wrapped around the fuel door? (you know, open the fuel door to install/remove the Velcro wrap-around-fuel-door holder and then close the fuel door to keep the holder in place while riding)

Has anyone seen anything like this or have another idea? If yes, please send me information, a link, a pic, etc. Very much appreciated!

We hve a couple of members that have done as you are saying,,, I would buy another cover for the glove box and do with it as you please...then switch back and forth.... $70 +- ?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Ran a Nuvi, not waterproof, last year, would like to get a weather proof unit. Guy has a Zumo 550, good condition w/pieces and manual, 300.00 . Don't really want to spend the big bucks and don't need most of what they come with. Any one have a Zumo 550 and can elaborate on it? Thanks

I used a Nuvi 750 several years ago on a week long ride. It rained hard for three days and it was fine. I now use a Garmin Monterra which has a lot of features.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

I *think* the Zumo 550 is a good performer. Be sure to check online reviews.

I used my Garmin Oregon for a while but could no longer deal with the small screen. Jumped up to the Zumo 590LM and couldn't be happier... but yeah, the price was a bitter pill.