Road Rash Anyone?

Thread: Road Rash Anyone?

RussT

Road Rash Anyone?

Well, it happended. I have 1000 miles on my new bike and on my freeway trip into work this AM the car that was about 250 feet in front of me kicked up a fairly large stone and hurled it into my front garnish on the bike. I didn't see it coming but I sure heard it hit.

I spend the next 10 miles hoping for the best. But once I parked and got up the nerve to have a look, my fears were confirmed. The damage is about 1 inch in diameter and includes a break in the plastic. I am going to have to replace the garnish for 250+ based on the online parts sources.

While I always knew that this day would come - I hoped that it could hold-off until the bike clocked 10k miles or so. I know that this too will pass, it hurts never-the-less. I am glad the stone didn't catch me in the face shield or in the throat just under my chin guard - but I really hate it when the newness wears off such an expensive joy toy.

While standing there staring in disbelief this morning, I found myself thinking that this could be an interesting topic for the forum.

So how about it? How many miles did you have on you new bike before you experienced your first non-minor, non crash related road rash?

Sorry for the damage..check with your insurance. Had a guy crying to me how his windshield could not take a hit and had a big crack in it. all the while I am thinking it was great. could have been your face shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Sorry for the damage..check with your insurance. Had a guy crying to me how his windshield could not take a hit and had a big crack in it. all the while I am thinking it was great. could have been your face shield.
    Umm... Steve? How are you replying from almost a month in the future???

Quote Originally Posted by gamersince1976 View Post
    Umm... Steve? How are you replying from almost a month in the future???
    US Date Format??

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Damn Straight!!

Don't forget guys, if you are looking for more protection from your windshield, we have 14" 16" 18" and 20" tinted or clear shields for your bike!