Removing backrest
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Removing backrest

Smile Removing backrest

Hi folks, I've been lurking around here trying to get a feel for the F6B as I'm considering buying one after selling my 2008 Goldwing. I like the options offered on the deluxe model but don't really have a need for the backrest, nor do I really care for the looks of it or the antenna. I know the antenna can't be removed without leaving a hole in the plastic but was wondering if the backrest can be taken off and on so that it can be used on the rare occasion that the girlfriend hops on the back. I know it can be removed, but what will be needed to make it look "finished" on those days when I won't be using it. It looks like it's just four screws, but what's underneath when you remove it? Are there plastic inserts?
    I really enjoy reading this forum, lots of useful information and friendly people on board. Too bad most of it has gone missing.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Kris

Mine was a standard and I add back rest. Yes the four scews will take it off. But the plastic plates our replaced with metal once a backrest is instald. To me it would be a big deal to change the plates out being you would have to remove seat. Personaly I would just run the screws back in to cover bolt holes and ride.

Thanks Bill, that's the info I was looking for.

back rest removal

i yanked mine off and sold it to some one who needed on and got a rack for the hole!!
    fyi
    Joe

I don't know what is right under the screws. ie tire or what. But when the bracket is removed. Will the screws be to long? Could they hit something. Maybe a little shorter screw instead. I have not looked, but it was just a passing thought. Something to look at when removing the backrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I don't know what is right under the screws. ie tire or what. But when the bracket is removed. Will the screws be to long? Could they hit something. Maybe a little shorter screw instead. I have not looked, but it was just a passing thought. Something to look at when removing the backrest.
    No problem.The screws are only about an inch long.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    Mine was a standard and I add back rest. Yes the four scews will take it off. But the plastic plates our replaced with metal once a backrest is instald. To me it would be a big deal to change the plates out being you would have to remove seat. Personaly I would just run the screws back in to cover bolt holes and ride.
    I am getting a standard and would like to add a backrest. Do I need to buy any hardware or would all the hardware come complete with the Honda backrest?

Quote Originally Posted by MercuryF1 View Post
    I am getting a standard and would like to add a backrest. Do I need to buy any hardware or would all the hardware come complete with the Honda backrest?

I bought a Basic and had the dealer install the Back Rest. The rest was $399.00 and the mounting hardware was a additional $99.00. The hardware is a separate item.

You will need the mounting hardware. It comes in red/blk. $100.
    I got my factory backrest from ebay. They are 350 with free delery.Comes from a honda dealer in south Fla. Got mine in 3 days here in Ga.

Did anyone else removed or replaced his backrest and wishes to sell the original one? please pm me, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    i yanked mine off and sold it to some one who needed on and got a rack for the hole!!
    fyi
    Joe