Wing Ding, Madison Wi - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wing Ding, Madison Wi

Anyone that is going to WingDing. Stop by the F4 Custom Windshield Booth and say HI. Ask for Mickey (glryder)

Thinking about maybe just riding out for the day one of the days. Hard to get away for an overnight with a 1 and 3 year old at the house. And, the WI sheriff's dept seems to frown on putting kids in hard bags.

Anyone else coming from the Greater Milwaukee area?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Planning on getting a room for Friday or Saturday night. Need to check availability pretty quick. Not sure how big this thing is.
    Wing Ding has been here in my city twice in the past few years and it's a big deal. Every hotel in town was booked full as well as in some outlying areas. I went to the first one, the venue is only a mile from my house. You cannot get into the vendors area unless you are a GWRRA member(at least that's the way it was then). If I remember correctly, there were between 9,000 to 12,000 Dingers here depending on what report you read. It's been in Madison before too.

I have a buddy that I grew up with that I am going to meet there. He has friends close by so we'll be staying there and riding over to the event. He tells me it's a blast and he goes every year. So....I'm going to leave Denver either Saturday or Sunday stay a few days and head back home. Been a while since I made a trip that long so tentatively planning a couple days to get there and we'll see about coming back.
    Long trips is why I bought the F6B ,I've been going out around Colorado racking up miles and looking forward to this !

Friend and I will be heading out Friday morning, stopping at the Bushtec tent/trailer and picking up a electronic relay isolator because the "plug and play" that I ordered from Wing Stuff w/my hitch, was not the correct one although the way it is marketed makes a numb nuts like me think you are ordering the right thing when their is no "plug and play" for the F6b. If it works out I will have them install it becauise Saturday I am supposed to pick up my trailer. Will be wearing my F6b T shirt.

Wing Ding meeting point

Thought it would be a good idea to set up a meet point at the F4 Customs tent at noon at the wing ding.
    GLryder98 runs the tent and is a forum member. Should be a nice easy place to meet a member no matter what day your there.

Heading out w/friend, he on his Valkyrie, me on 6, of course, at 6:30 am, hit Madison 11-12. Bushtec first off then F4, will be wearing F6b T.

Just got back from Wing Ding, 820 miles, a little wet and a new, to me, Bushtec Roadstar trailer. We had a good time. Stopped at the Bushtec trailer, bought a new "isolator" wiring kit, had them install it, nice people. 6, of course, ran like a dream as did buddies Valkyrie. Pulled trailer 300 miles back, would not know it was their, I love it.

We had a great time at Wing Ding too and like you, we pulled a new Roadstar home - I should say that my wife pulled it home as she loves adding new uses to her bike. Nice group of guys at the Bushtec and glad to own their product. Sorry that we didn't get a chance to talk... I don't know where all the time went!
    -R

Took the opportunity of going to Wing Ding to run over to the Lake Shore, Port Washington, to pick up a used, but like new, '98 decked out black Roadstar. Love it.