Insurance - Never heard of this before - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance - Never heard of this before

That's typical.

I just purchased a new 2014 Valkyrie and when I called Progressive who I have had for years with no tickets or accidents they quoted me nearly $1000.00 year for full coverage. Called Geico $325.00 year for the same coverage. I ditched progressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone56 View Post
    I just received my insurance renewal for three motorcycles for a total premium of $381.10. The F6B with full coverage and a 2005 Rune and 1997 Valkyrie with liability only. I just sold the Rune and the Valkyrie so I called and dropped the coverage, and the lady tells me my premium is going up to $440.44. I said excuse me . . . my premium is going up? She says yes, because of the loss of a multi-vehicle discount. I told her that made no sense at all . . . but she said that was the way it is. So, the more bikes I insure the cheaper my total premium, yes. So, if I insure ten motorcycles it will almost be free!

I ran into something similar a few years ago when I bought a 1977 F100. While adding it to my policy, it actually dropped my total premium. When I asked why, they told me that while the number of vehicles went up, with my multiple car discount it actually dropped my total premium.
    -Monkey-1
    studmonkey@bellsouth.net
    www.studmonkeyracing.com