Map case
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map case

Map case

Is anyone using a map case or tank bag on the F6B?

Any recommendations?

I tried using a map case on one trip and it really didn't work. I like following a paper map(old school) thought I had a good set up but it was flopping around and came loose eventually. Maybe I'll try it again on the next trip.
    Save a biker........Open your f-ing eyes!! (and get off your phone)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have seen ones that attach to your forearm, but can not find one. Aerostitch had one, but it is not on their site anymore. TouraTech site says coming soon. I might go back to maps. The newer GPS are becoming nothing more than platforms for phone and music connections, A to B and "I do not care how I get there" routing, and find the nearest Dairy Queen devices, instead of longer distance, off the Xway, route planning.
    2014 F6B Deluxe - Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by royr View Post
    I have seen ones that attach to your forearm, but can not find one. Aerostitch had one, but it is not on their site anymore. TouraTech site says coming soon. I might go back to maps. The newer GPS are becoming nothing more than platforms for phone and music connections, A to B and "I do not care how I get there" routing, and find the nearest Dairy Queen devices, instead of longer distance, off the Xway, route planning.
    I agree. I mostly use my phone but when you're out in the boonies with no phone signal it doesn't work anyway.

I like using GPS just fine, but I still find it easier to get big picture information from a paper map. Seems there's not much out there to fit the Goldwing or the F6B. I did find a map holder from Utopia Products. For $17, it will be a reasonably priced experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by buefchris View Post
    They told me it wouldn't fit the F6B. You might want to double check before you order.

Attachment 5849
    Quote Originally Posted by miramiramira View Post
    They told me it wouldn't fit the F6B. You might want to double check before you order.

Utopia map case

With a little digging on the utopia website, I found this:

https://www.utpr.com/moreitems.html

They were great to work with, especially considering it is a $17 item. The case worked well on my 4 day trip to Colorado. Rain the first day and heavy rain the second day and my maps stayed dry.

I'm old school with paper maps too.
    Yeah, I know, I should get a GPS.
    I bought the EC tank bag, it was the only tank bag I could find that had everything I needed:
    1) made to fit without modification
    2) comes witha Map Case
    3) comes with a run cover
    I put up a few PICs in another thread: Looking-for-some-Tank-Bag-assistance/

Recommendations?
    That's really subjective, I had a HUGE tank bag on my previous bike, a BMW R80RT. That tank bag worked perfectly.
    The EC tank bag is much smaller than what had, but it does fit, it has a map case and a rain cover.