Riding clothes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riding clothes

Riding clothes

So, being new tothe world of Goldwing type fairings I was wondering what style jackets you guys wear in warm weather? I normally wear a Darien light and can trust the ventilation to cool me of in warm weather, but we finally got some hot weather here in the Norteast and the fairing just blocks too much air. Do vented jackets work in 90 plus heat? Which ones do you like?

Cool

I wear a Joe Rocket Textile jacket w/ Joe Rocket over pants...here in sunny Florida it does seem to keep one cooler.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I wear a Joe Rocket Textile jacket w/ Joe Rocket over pants...here in sunny Florida it does seem to keep one cooler.....
    Which jacket?

Here are the over pants...http://www.joerocket.com/catalog/ind...s/Phoenix_3.0_[Mesh]

Here is a jacket... http://compare.ebay.com/like/321136309297

Hope this helps...p.s. only wear shorts under overpants for cooler feel...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I wear a Teknic mesh. It has elbow, shoulder and spine protectors and it does keep me very comfortable in warm weather.
    If you posted on the HD Forum you may get a few more suggestions. Like shorts, flip flops and muscle shirts but some find it doesn't look too cool wearing your beanie helmet.

Heck AB, shorts, T shirts and gym shoes are exactly what I wear for summer. It gets hot here in Texas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We seldom get heat here like you do in the great state of Texas TC.
    I'm a big believer in wear whatever floats your boat. For me it's ATGATT. We have some scary drivers around here. I would rather be a little warm than a lot dead, but that's just me. Life is all about choices.

Beagle

Heat

I just bought a Shoei Neotek modular helmet and wow the air that comes through that thing is wonderful.
    This weekend was around 95 here in CT. As long as I was moving my head was cool.
    I have an inexpensive Bilt mesh jacket with armor and again when moving that was pretty cool.
    I'll admit that for just buzzing around town I was in just helmet, tee shirt and Jeans...I wanted to get a little sun.
    Next will be some mesh pants. I'm finding my jeans or chaps too warm.

On line at Revzilla.com they have a ton of stuff and videos for types of helment, jackets, pants everything. How to size them and the different applications (seasonal riding).

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcamp View Post
    So, being new tothe world of Goldwing type fairings I was wondering what style jackets you guys wear in warm weather? I normally wear a Darien light and can trust the ventilation to cool me of in warm weather, but we finally got some hot weather here in the Norteast and the fairing just blocks too much air. Do vented jackets work in 90 plus heat? Which ones do you like?
    Northeast? If you are close to Fall River Ma go to Vanson Leathers and check this out...http://www.vansonleathers.com/prod-S...cket-488.aspx? I grew up in New England and never rode in weather as hot as I see in North Carolina now, and this jacket works just fine for me.

I know...the price, they will typically sell cheaper at the store than online.
    Still Wingman after the site crash!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    I just bought a Shoei Neotek modular helmet and wow the air that comes through that thing is wonderful.
    This weekend was around 95 here in CT. As long as I was moving my head was cool.
    I have an inexpensive Bilt mesh jacket with armor and again when moving that was pretty cool.
    I'll admit that for just buzzing around town I was in just helmet, tee shirt and Jeans...I wanted to get a little sun.
    Next will be some mesh pants. I'm finding my jeans or chaps too warm.

On line at Revzilla.com they have a ton of stuff and videos for types of helment, jackets, pants everything. How to size them and the different applications (seasonal riding).

Interesting.
    I'm considering a Neotek to replace an aging helmet and am hoping to find something someting that doesn't have that loud wind resonance. I'm riding behind a 13 inch Cee Bailey's (I'm 5'9", wearing a full face HJC) and there isn't much buffeting, just the resonance. When I open the face shield, the noise stops. A friend with an Arai has the same issue. I'd like to think that an up to date Neotek would solve the problem. What's your experience been? Has anyone had experience with the new HJC modular?