OMG POLICE on my tail !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG POLICE on my tail !

OMG POLICE on my tail !

Ok, not to cause alarm, but I spent Sunday morning waxing my new baby, a black F6B. Not many riding days yet but Sunday evening I took it out. Cruising up to the highway to make a loop around town I noticed an Aurora Police 4X4 behind me. Checked my speed -good wondered if a light was out and all that. Then at a red light he pulls up on my right,not quite level and just sits there,I finally said heck with this and looked over at him. He was Just smiling at me and said, "that is a Beautiful Motorcycle". I gave him a thumbs up,shouted "thank you,I love it" making sure I heard him right through my helmet and the stereo. Then " have a safe ride" and he took off.
    I felt doubly good about this one. I have gotten compliments from folks on the bike ,but this was the first from the police. I think we have a new fan !

Quote Originally Posted by grendl View Post
    Ok, not to cause alarm, but I spent Sunday morning waxing my new baby, a black F6B. Not many riding days yet but Sunday evening I took it out. Cruising up to the highway to make a loop around town I noticed an Aurora Police 4X4 behind me. Checked my speed -good wondered if a light was out and all that. Then at a red light he pulls up on my right,not quite level and just sits there,I finally said heck with this and looked over at him. He was Just smiling at me and said, "that is a Beautiful Motorcycle". I gave him a thumbs up,shouted "thank you,I love it" making sure I heard him right through my helmet and the stereo. Then " have a safe ride" and he took off.
    I felt doubly good about this one. I have gotten compliments from folks on the bike ,but this was the first from the police. I think we have a new fan !

Nervous

Cops on your tail always make you nervous, but that one had great taste.....obviously
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

I noticed people on the freeway and around town slowing down and speeding up to check mine out also.

I still get a lot of that too.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

stopped

i have people stop me because they wanted to check out the bike, more than happy to show it off

The last time a LEO stopped me I was not so lucky.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

But I made him work to get me to stop.

I know that feeling when I first got my F6B I was taking a ride west on HWY50 here in Northern Nevada when a Motor officer buzzed by heading east bound and when he saw me his head spun around like a owl.I looked in my left mirror and saw him pull a quick 180 and hit the lights.I thought geez what have I done as I looked down and saw I was doing 60mph which is the posted limit.I turned off left to a side road to see if he was really after me and sure enough he came left after me and I pulled over.He came up beside me and asked how I liked my new ride-Well I laughed and said it was great so far as I am still getting used to her.He wanted to know about it as they were going to possibly get a F6B police bike and he may get it as there senior Motor Officer.So I got off it and said take her for a spin as I figured he must know how to ride-LOL.He came back with a big grin and after a short talk he gave me his business card for one get out of jail free.Scary at first but turned out to be a nice encounter.

Here's one from "Down Under"