Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
For many? Perhaps,,,,

For this old Midwestern Country boy who, throughout his entire young adult life, was surrounded with V-8's, headers, mind-altering substances,,,, and whom also had a general lack of respect for ANY authority,,,,, anything with a 6 reminded me of an airplane,,,
I hear ya, Scotrod! I grew up in the Southeast and like you, I still love the sound of a big V8. The home of NASCAR is literally in my backyard . Over the years though, I've had quite a few sport bikes and always added after market exhaust so I learned to appreciate the high-reving 4-cylinder sound and yes, even the tuned porsche sound . My daily driver is a tuned GTI with AWE catback exhaust. It sounds pretty good too (for a 4-cylinder).

This thread being about slip-on exhaust systems, maybe I should mention that I just replaced my Torq Master Daytona pipes with black Rush pipes (2.5" baffles). Basically, I wanted to go with more black and less chrome which this accomplished. The tone is deeper with the Rush and the fit is considerably better. It sure is nice to have the shields close-fitting once again .