Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B.

View Poll Results: What Slip-ons are on your F6B?

Voters
525. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cobra

85 16.19%
  • Vance & Hines

24 4.57%
  • Rush

38 7.24%
  • Bassani

11 2.10%
  • Torque Master

16 3.05%
  • Stock

326 62.10%
  • other (do tell)

24 4.57%
  • with Torque Loops

15 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B.

Please state if you have Torque Loops or an issue with the dreaded drone. Would like to make this post a one stop for those of us looking for an aftermarket pipe slip-on exhaust. After taking poll please include feed back on your slip-ons pipes.
    DOD Retired Cold War, Operation Promote Liberty, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran. PPR (PAINt proBLEM registry) Member! Current rides: 1984 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 1340, 2013 Honda GoldWing F6B 1832, 2014 BMW R nine T 1170

I have some "drone" with the Cobras but not bad enough to make me want to try something else...Just adjust the throttle a little at times when on highway and all is well for me....

Currently stock but looking...
    DOD Retired Cold War, Operation Promote Liberty, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran. PPR (PAINt proBLEM registry) Member! Current rides: 1984 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 1340, 2013 Honda GoldWing F6B 1832, 2014 BMW R nine T 1170

Torq Master slip-ons for me. Originally experienced an annoying loud hum at highway speeds but I added the end baffles and that took care of that . Overall, I'm happy with the pipes but I could be interested in something even better if it presents itself. One of the things I like the most about these TM Daytona pipes is the extended length and slash cut ends.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Black Cobras with Torq loopz…no drone all baffles in, sounds great but 4000 RPM + AWESOME ,
    The less you bet, the more you lose when you win

Stock, can't believe I am saying this, getting older I guess, but I don't mind the sound, or should I say, lack of it. It will never sound like my old Harley and that's ok. Love the sound of it winding out, love the sound of the radio at 65 mph, just love the bike,maybe I will switch exhaust some day, maybe I won't. It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRob View Post
    Black Cobras with Torq loopz…no drone all baffles in, sounds great but 4000 RPM + AWESOME ,
    That's what I'm putting on started last week.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Unplugged Cobras and Schuberth Helmet

Quote Originally Posted by FlatSixBagger View Post
    Please state if you have Torque Loops or an issue with the dreaded drone. Would like to make this post a one stop for those of us looking for an aftermarket pipe slip-on exhaust. After taking poll please include feed back on your slip-ons pipes.
    No drone except in tunnels, but a great Porsche-like roar when I accelerate, especially first 3 gears to 5000 rpm. I don't think I will change th Akropavich pipes on my RNineT, did you?

4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

About that drone...

So, I have the stock pipes on.

I considered the Cobras and the V&H about the time I bought my F6B. It seemed reasonable after coming from a VTX with Cobra pipes. But the longer I delayed the buy and rode with the stock pipes, the more I enjoyed the quieter ride.

Having said that... I have noticed a slight drone when I use the top section of my BaggerShield 11/19. My semi-pro audio background gives me some understanding of acoustics, and I've pretty much decided for myself that the infamous drone of some custom pipes on some bikes for some riders is likely a combination of windshield height, rider position within the reflected audio field, and the pipes installed on the bike.

I think that's likely why some riders have the drone while others with similar setup don't seem to be troubled by it.

The drone I hear disappears when I don't use the upper section of my shield. And it's only moderately audible when I do, though not enough to be annoying.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"