Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B.

View Poll Results: What Slip-ons are on your F6B?

Voters
525. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cobra

85 16.19%
  • Vance & Hines

24 4.57%
  • Rush

38 7.24%
  • Bassani

11 2.10%
  • Torque Master

16 3.05%
  • Stock

326 62.10%
  • other (do tell)

24 4.57%
  • with Torque Loops

15 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B.

Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B.

Please state if you have Torque Loops or an issue with the dreaded drone. Would like to make this post a one stop for those of us looking for an aftermarket pipe slip-on exhaust. After taking poll please include feed back on your slip-ons pipes.
    DOD Retired Cold War, Operation Promote Liberty, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran. PPR (PAINt proBLEM registry) Member! Current rides: 1984 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 1340, 2013 Honda GoldWing F6B 1832, 2014 BMW R nine T 1170

I have some "drone" with the Cobras but not bad enough to make me want to try something else...Just adjust the throttle a little at times when on highway and all is well for me....

Currently stock but looking...
    DOD Retired Cold War, Operation Promote Liberty, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran. PPR (PAINt proBLEM registry) Member! Current rides: 1984 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 1340, 2013 Honda GoldWing F6B 1832, 2014 BMW R nine T 1170

Torq Master slip-ons for me. Originally experienced an annoying loud hum at highway speeds but I added the end baffles and that took care of that . Overall, I'm happy with the pipes but I could be interested in something even better if it presents itself. One of the things I like the most about these TM Daytona pipes is the extended length and slash cut ends.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Black Cobras with Torq loopz…no drone all baffles in, sounds great but 4000 RPM + AWESOME ,
    The less you bet, the more you lose when you win

Stock, can't believe I am saying this, getting older I guess, but I don't mind the sound, or should I say, lack of it. It will never sound like my old Harley and that's ok. Love the sound of it winding out, love the sound of the radio at 65 mph, just love the bike,maybe I will switch exhaust some day, maybe I won't. It's all good.

Foggy Bottom Motor Werks, Honda mod mufflers with crossover vented disk. Little Red Riding Hood would say, "Just Right".
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I had Black Chrome Torqmaster "Daytona's". No drone with 2 baffles per pipe, bad drone with one baffle per pipe. I now have black satin Torqmaster inverted "King Snakes". No drone with 2 baffles per pipe, no drone after removing one per side??? They are basically the same pipe just different styles and color, I don't get it but it's a fact......

Rush slip ons = No Drone

Hello all,
    Using the Rush slip ons with 4025B extended tips and 2.0" baffle. No Drone!!
    Using a Shoei Neotec helmet the sound seemed to be amplified when helmet was closed. When chin bar was open, the exhaust was not amplified and sounded great!!

After talking with Rush who were clueless about this happening.....I decided to remove the baffles and added a second layer of Techmat motorcycle exhaust packing. The sound for me is much better now. I am very happy with the quality of the exhaust system as well as the look and sound.

Ride safe and enjoy the ride,
    G

Attachment 5844

My Torq Master King Snakes has never had the dreaded droan. Might be the extra length. Don't know why but they have just had a mellow sound since day one. They are just a bit louder than stock.
    Attachment 5845
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]