Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B. - Page 12

View Poll Results: What Slip-ons are on your F6B?

Voters
525. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cobra

85 16.19%
  • Vance & Hines

24 4.57%
  • Rush

38 7.24%
  • Bassani

11 2.10%
  • Torque Master

16 3.05%
  • Stock

326 62.10%
  • other (do tell)

24 4.57%
  • with Torque Loops

15 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B.

Stock- All my other rides are loud. I'll have to admit the stock is a good blend of sound with not over powering the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by terrydj View Post
    Mine 4 but Vance and Hines is bolt on Horsepower. Forget the rest
    You've said this multiple times now, but the horsepower is in your imagination.

Take a look at the video Larry posted showing the Vance and Hines construction; do you REALLY think you're making power with that?

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    You've said this multiple times now, but the horsepower is in your imagination.

Take a look at the video Larry posted showing the Vance and Hines construction; do you REALLY think you're making power with that?
    And how do you know that the pipes don't make HP. Have you tried them on your bike in a dyno? Are you a 'Flow' engineer. Or maybe you looked at the video and decided that it couldn't work. That's what the guy did that made the video. He just decided that it couldn't work. Personally I've followed V&H since I was a kid. They built the fastest Suzuki's on the planet. No correction the fastest normally aspirated motorcycles on the planet. In the 40 plus years I have followed them I never recall allegations of wrongdoing or cheating. Nothing unsportsmanlike. Then someone said Harleys were slow. So V&H made Harleys the fastest thing out there. They are well into their third generation of champions with Andrew Hines. These guys know what it takes to make HP. And although I know my Monster Ovals didn't give me 20 HP , I believe I gained HP and Torque because some of the classiest guys in the industry tells me they will. Met Andrews Grandpa way back when. He found the time to sign an autograph for me. When you make a statement George make sure you can prove it. I respect you as a knowledgeable person. To make a statement based on feelings isn't fair.

I know if I weld my exhaust pipes closed that it won't make power; I don't need to try that to know it.

I'll print this page and eat my words if this V&H makes power.

shooter
    George they aren't welded closed. The design is such that there is no drone like almost all the other pipes. It is a complicated design in order to eliminate the drone and make power. Although they are not loud the exhaust note is 'healthy'. Throttle response seems brisker and redline seems to come a little quicker. Do you think V&H built these pipes without dyno pulls or R&D. These guys aren't fly by night. I put them on , no drone , brisk throttle response , easy install , looks great. Didn't have to spend a load of time and money on torque loops. Yeah I paid a little more in the beginning but saved in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    George they aren't welded closed. The design is such that there is no drone like almost all the other pipes. It is a complicated design in order to eliminate the drone and make power. Although they are not loud the exhaust note is 'healthy'. Throttle response seems brisker and redline seems to come a little quicker. Do you think V&H built these pipes without dyno pulls or R&D. These guys aren't fly by night. I put them on , no drone , brisk throttle response , easy install , looks great. Didn't have to spend a load of time and money on torque loops. Yeah I paid a little more in the beginning but saved in the end.
    I'll grant you that flow dynamics is complicated and I'm not an expert. There may be something here that I don't see but my take is these were made for sound instead of raw power. Unless someone can give me something more than a butt dyno reading I don't think I'll be able to shake my doubts. I trust your judgment, but I just can't see how such severe disruptions in the exhaust flow can do anything except rob power from the engine.

It's like the "debate" about turbos making "free" power because they are running off the exhaust. The reality is turbos make the engine work harder to expel the exhaust and therefore a parasitic power loss does in fact exist. This is what I'm seeing here; an exhaust that makes the engine work harder to expel gases.

shooter
    George I can tell you this. There is a ton of exhaust coming out of the tail at idle. And when you crack the throttle you can stand back 5 feet and feel it good. I don't think there is a whole lot of restriction here. In fact what they have done is lengthen the exhaust path within the confine of the stock length exhaust. Nothing in that video showed restriction. It merely showed diversion. Never was the gases impeded , merely redirected. When the weather improves I will check mileage. If the stock exhaust was a restriction , which I believe , then mileage should improve at least slightly. I keep records on my mileage as a diagnostic aid. I'll let you know buddy. In the meantime keep an open mind.

Sounds good Pal; I hope you prove me wrong!

Btw, this is the OEM rear resonator used on SRT8 cars like my 300... straight though piping from motor to the tips. Swapping exhaust on this car yields zero power gains, shown by many different people on many dynos over many years. OEM is not necessarily bad, it depends on the application. I can't say I've seen the inside of an F6 muffler... yet

In contrast, this is the OEM rear resonator on base model 300's. Exhaust gases enter from the right in that lower tube and flow into the blackened chamber on the left near the exhaust tip. Gases in that blackened chamber get pressurized and forced to flow into the U-shaped flattish tube and then out the rear.

It may not seem like much, but this pressurization and re-direction sucks about 10 hp out of the system.

The open-ended pipe near the top of the picture is solely for drone reduction.