Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B. - Page 14

View Poll Results: What Slip-ons are on your F6B?

Voters
525. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cobra

85 16.19%
  • Vance & Hines

24 4.57%
  • Rush

38 7.24%
  • Bassani

11 2.10%
  • Torque Master

16 3.05%
  • Stock

326 62.10%
  • other (do tell)

24 4.57%
  • with Torque Loops

15 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B.

Cobra 6. Had them on for a hundred miles before some woman broadsided me. Loved the sound. Looks like I'll be getting new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
    STOCK say what you want but you aint getten a great sound out of the F6. It's like putting AM radio on the best speakers out there just isn't happening
    My pipes on my old bike sounded better than Harleys -- according to the HD riders I ride with -- but they were wide open all the way through.

I've heard more than once that it's almost not worth the effort to monkey with the pipes on the F6B and try to get a ROAR out of 'em because it just isn't going to happen. I've looked at the Cobra slip-ons and the V&H. They're louder, but it's still not where I'd like it, so I don't see the point of spending the money for it.

Has any of this changed since this thread was first posted? Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Ricohoc View Post
    My pipes on my old bike sounded better than Harleys -- according to the HD riders I ride with -- but they were wide open all the way through.

I've heard more than once that it's almost not worth the effort to monkey with the pipes on the F6B and try to get a ROAR out of 'em because it just isn't going to happen. I've looked at the Cobra slip-ons and the V&H. They're louder, but it's still not where I'd like it, so I don't see the point of spending the money for it.

Has any of this changed since this thread was first posted? Thanks.
    I think the only way to get a decent loud exhaust sound out of the F6B, without the dreaded DRONE, is to cut out the catalytic converters and run pipes with baffles removed. I had the Cobra 6's and with the cats and no baffles it sounded good at idle but on the highway is was horrible. The drone was so bad I took them off the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bobber View Post
    Attachment 13043

All in all I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out. Stripped and recoated for < $100, still pissed it had to be done in the first place!
    Vance & Hines still fit the F6B the best . I just picked up a black F6B and was pondering what I was going to put on the bike . The 2013 still has the chrome so I stuck with it and ordered the V&H set again .
    Did you ever run the bike with the baffle plate out ? Sound pretty mean but I have other bikes that make noise ... LOL
    The Vance & hines has a nice sound , I actually paid less for the pipes this time $767 of flee-Bay .

Any chance of you getting a dyno pull with the V&H?

shooter
    George is obsessed with the V&H. He has convinced himself they can't be any good. George I still have my stock pipes. If you will pay for two dyno runs we can check mine.

Naw, that offer expired

Speaking of Dyno for off highway use only has anyone done any work to the catalytic converters , I see power commander makes a V for the wing , wonder if that would work on the F6B .

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    Speaking of Dyno for off highway use only has anyone done any work to the catalytic converters , I see power commander makes a V for the wing , wonder if that would work on the F6B .
    Lots of people run the Torque Loops which completely removes the cats, which, IMO, should reduce pumping losses and free up a couple of hp.

For the V Commander, yes it'll work... but what exactly are you trying to do? That only adjusts your fueling, so if your goal is worse fuel economy that should be fine

If you had mods that actually needed more fuel, this might be a good solution. But when you're in that deep, a custom tune from Guhl should be the focus... and let him advise *if* and *how much* more fuel is needed. I haven't seen much talk about fuel injector size; I'm assuming they're big enough for a decent bump in capacity.

My only concern would be a lean condition with no cats , just about every manufacture has there bikes leaned out for emissions these days .
    Im not out racing my wings but do want them burning valves , not really planing any major preformance mods to the motor besides V&H Monster exhaust .