Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B. - Page 15

View Poll Results: What Slip-ons are on your F6B?

Voters
525. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cobra

85 16.19%
  • Vance & Hines

24 4.57%
  • Rush

38 7.24%
  • Bassani

11 2.10%
  • Torque Master

16 3.05%
  • Stock

326 62.10%
  • other (do tell)

24 4.57%
  • with Torque Loops

15 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B.

Good thought Max; no worries though about burned valves or dropping valve seats with just an exhaust. Did you happen to see the video in post #107?

Manufacturers do lean the AFR... but only at idle and low load conditions. You'll see 14.7 on just about anything new-ish on the road. Under load, however, there is simply no getting around the need for a richer mixture. From the few dyno sheets I've seen, GL1800's are dialed in PERFECTLY at about 12.5 at WOT (wide open throttle). Exhaust work won't change that; you'll need to alter the intake side for that.

Pretty much narrowed it down to Two Bros or nothing. V & H just too darn expensive, over 1100 $ Cdn. Just waiting for real world on bike reviews from the first buyers.

Can anyone tell me how the stock 2013 pipes sound in comparison to the stock 2015 pipes. Is it a big difference, I heard the 15's are more throatier.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Pretty much narrowed it down to Two Bros or nothing. V & H just too darn expensive, over 1100 $ Cdn. Just waiting for real world on bike reviews from the first buyers.
    C'mon Terry; Shooter gaurantees V&H will turn your bike into a rocketship

EDIT: The above is a joke; Shooter did not really say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    Can anyone tell me how the stock 2013 pipes sound in comparison to the stock 2015 pipes. Is it a big difference, I heard the 15's are more throatier.
    You and I would both like to know! I bet if we post a request in the "Rally" thread someone would be kind enough to idle their 2015 next to a 2013/2014 and get it on video.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post

George, if you spot me the $400 Cdn difference between the Two Bros and the V&H, then I'll do as Shooter.
    I can't justify even spending $750 on mufflers.
    Waiting patiently until the jury is in with their verdict.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post

George you are putting words in my mouth. I said nothing of the sort. I do not run around trashing products without good reason like some people I know. Bird , I can feel a difference in my bike. I am probably more in tune with engine performance than some others. No it doesn't have 20 more HP. So far on my rides this year fuel mileage is up about 1.5 mpg. I am on vacation right now in Branson. Been down in Arkansas the last few days. Bike is performing great. Absolutely no drone with the V&H. Ask my wife. I installed the pipes as part if a master plan. This fall I will send the ECM to Guhl. While its out I will install the K&N filter and look at the airbox to see if I can get more air into it. As much as George can't stand it I believe V&H makes a great pipe. I haven't seen anything to the contrary and this is a company that has roots going back over 40 years. These guys are winners and they manufacture good products. I try to spend my money wisely , I think I made a good purchase. Oh and Bird they look awesome. For some reason George has an unfounded vendetta against this company. Apparently he fancies himself a flow engineer. So who do you listen to. George who can look at a pipe and tell its no good , or a company with roots going back over 40 years that backs up their claims by building THE fastest HD and Suzuki's on the planet. Personally George looks kinda small next to that. Sorry George.

shooter
    Hey Bird I'm not trying to talk you into any other pipe. Its your bike. You need to do what you feel is right for you. I was merely defending my decision. And giving you the info I have at my disposal. Mostly trying to convince George of the possibility that he may be wrong. Which is probably an epic fail. I think his middle name is Flowmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    George you are putting words in my mouth. I said nothing of the sort. I do not run around trashing products without good reason like some people I know. Bird , I can feel a difference in my bike. I am probably more in tune with engine performance than some others. No it doesn't have 20 more HP. So far on my rides this year fuel mileage is up about 1.5 mpg. I am on vacation right now in Branson. Been down in Arkansas the last few days. Bike is performing great. Absolutely no drone with the V&H. Ask my wife. I installed the pipes as part if a master plan. This fall I will send the ECM to Guhl. While its out I will install the K&N filter and look at the airbox to see if I can get more air into it. As much as George can't stand it I believe V&H makes a great pipe. I haven't seen anything to the contrary and this is a company that has roots going back over 40 years. These guys are winners and they manufacture good products. I try to spend my money wisely , I think I made a good purchase. Oh and Bird they look awesome. For some reason George has an unfounded vendetta against this company. Apparently he fancies himself a flow engineer. So who do you listen to. George who can look at a pipe and tell its no good , or a company with roots going back over 40 years that backs up their claims by building THE fastest HD and Suzuki's on the planet. Personally George looks kinda small next to that. Sorry George.
    Well Shooter, my opinions and rationale are stated above; if that makes me "small" and with an "unfounded vendetta" so be it.

Maybe the V&H for our bikes is not like that video; it could be totally different for all I know. These are good looking, good sounding pipes; no question. However... I did notice that you're now interested in dyno'ing your bike

Flowmaster? Naw... who wants chambered garbage in their flowpath. Magnaflow is where it's at.

(where's that stick and pot icon)