Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B. - Page 20

View Poll Results: What Slip-ons are on your F6B?

Voters
525. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cobra

85 16.19%
  • Vance & Hines

24 4.57%
  • Rush

38 7.24%
  • Bassani

11 2.10%
  • Torque Master

16 3.05%
  • Stock

326 62.10%
  • other (do tell)

24 4.57%
  • with Torque Loops

15 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B.

Picked up some Pre-enjoyed 2015 black pipes from a member. Had them repainted and mounted last weekend on my black 2013. The fit wasn't perfect, a slight gap between the pipes and header covers. Definitely a noticeable difference in sound between the 2013 & 2015. A bit throatier but still a nice, quiet stock sound at speed. The black pipes on the black bike look awesome. Very happy with the change for a fairly minimal investment.

Hey RC, can you explain how the fit wasn't perfect? I didn't realize that Honda changed the dimensions in some way. I would like the nicer sound and OEM quality of the 2015 pipe.... Also, do you know off hand if the new pipes come in chrome also?

I don't believe the 2015s come in chrome but I'm not positive. The difference between the 13s&15s is that there are slots on the bottom of the tips on the 15s. I'm assuming that accounts for the throatier sound. The cans appear to be the same size. I ended up with about an eighth of an inch gap between the pipes and the heat shields. I did get new OEM 2015 heat shields in black to match the 2015 pipes. I'm thinking the gap may be due to the placement of the holes for either the pipes or the shields on the 2013 bike but not sure. The old pipes fit perfectly, the new ones a gap but I got some header pipe high temp paint and painted the silver that was showing black. The gap remains but is much less noticeable with the black underneath. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by rcroller View Post
    I don't believe the 2015s come in chrome but I'm not positive. The difference between the 13s&15s is that there are slots on the bottom of the tips on the 15s. I'm assuming that accounts for the throatier sound. The cans appear to be the same size. I ended up with about an eighth of an inch gap between the pipes and the heat shields. I did get new OEM 2015 heat shields in black to match the 2015 pipes. I'm thinking the gap may be due to the placement of the holes for either the pipes or the shields on the 2013 bike but not sure. The old pipes fit perfectly, the new ones a gap but I got some header pipe high temp paint and painted the silver that was showing black. The gap remains but is much less noticeable with the black underneath. Hope that helps.
    Would it be possible for you to post a pic of the TIPS with there slots. Maybe thats all we would have to do to change sound.

Sorry... It appears I'm not talented enough to figure out how to post pics to this forum. If you'll PM me your email I can send them that way.

Thanks for the info. I still like the look of a little chrome to contrast the black. Guess I'll have to wait for Honda to make them in chrome again...

Here you go.

Here's the gap

And the overall look

Quote Originally Posted by rcroller View Post
    Here's the gap
    That,s not Anything...