Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B. - Page 21

View Poll Results: What Slip-ons are on your F6B?

Voters
525. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cobra

85 16.19%
  • Vance & Hines

24 4.57%
  • Rush

38 7.24%
  • Bassani

11 2.10%
  • Torque Master

16 3.05%
  • Stock

326 62.10%
  • other (do tell)

24 4.57%
  • with Torque Loops

15 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B.

fl1madmax

V&H sounds like a Formula car on Steroids !

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco1959 View Post
    No Drone, with Newer Longer ones, and 4000-6000 sound Great !!!!!! V&H is the Way to go is Ya got the Coin !!!!!!!!!!!
    and like formula car sound !!!!!!!

Cobra Six-2-Six

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    So, I have the stock pipes on.

I considered the Cobras and the V&H about the time I bought my F6B. It seemed reasonable after coming from a VTX with Cobra pipes. But the longer I delayed the buy and rode with the stock pipes, the more I enjoyed the quieter ride.

Having said that... I have noticed a slight drone when I use the top section of my BaggerShield 11/19. My semi-pro audio background gives me some understanding of acoustics, and I've pretty much decided for myself that the infamous drone of some custom pipes on some bikes for some riders is likely a combination of windshield height, rider position within the reflected audio field, and the pipes installed on the bike.

I think that's likely why some riders have the drone while others with similar setup don't seem to be troubled by it.

The drone I hear disappears when I don't use the upper section of my shield. And it's only moderately audible when I do, though not enough to be annoying.
    Boy did you hit the nail right on the head!!!!

I had the Cobra Six-2-Six blacked out exhaust installed when I purchased my bike new. On the way down to Baltimore, Glen Bernie PowerSports, the mechanics called and informed me that the bike sounded awesome. But, if I wanted it to sound even more "aggressive" they could remove the baffles. I had him on speaker, and my brother was driving, so I immediately mimic the Mexican banditos in Humphrey Bogart's The Treasure of the Sierra Madre = "Baffles!?! We don't need no stinking baffles!!!"

I honestly don't believe this bike could have sounded any better. I even bought a Porsche wheel emblem and stuck it on the back. As a matter of fact, an old school Harley rider, during Delmarva Bike Week in Ocean City MD, told me that my bike sounded like a Lamborghini. (I had to omit all the expletives he used for this public forum.)

Unfortunately, after adding my Klock Werks windshield and Mustang seat the drone became unbearable around 2500-3000 RPMs. I don't think it was really that noticeable after installing the windshield; although the "clean air bubble" did make the stereo seem much clearer and louder and thus some amount of noticeable reverberation was added. But, when I installed the Mustang saddle, at the Delmarva Bike Week, and dropped down just that little inch, the drone was undeniable. Sure I could power thru it by avoiding the 2500-3000 RPM band. But not at highway speeds. Driving back home to Philly I was trapped on the highway doing 65 to 70 MPH right in that power band for hours. It was Brutal! My ears felt like they were bleeding after a couple of hours of non-stop riding. I even took off my full-face helmet at one point to find some relief.

The next weekend I made the three hour "ride of shame" back to Glen Bernie PowerSports to have the baffles put back in. Their service department reinstalled them for free and even offered uplifting stories relating to bad performance car exhaust experiences. True professionals!

Fortunately, there is absolutely no noticeable drone now with my bike as it is setup. I still get plenty of compliments about its "race car" sound and the six shooters sticking out the back attract plenty of attention even when the bike is simply parked. I would certainly recommend the Cobra Six-2-Six exhaust to anybody who asks me. I would even recommend trying them without the baffles = BUT = make sure you have the ability to quickly replace them.

Torq Loopz and 2 Bro Exhaust

Just installed Torq Loopz and black TBR's. Install not too bad, just getting shields back in place the hardest part. I took the advice of others on the site and put two gaskets end to end on each pipe which completely fills the fitting on the Torq Loopz plus leaves a little sticking out the end. Cranked the barrel clamps down to 27 NM and no leaks. Sounds great, no decal popping or any problems. This setup is not loud, and at cruising speed barely noticeable, and when you let off the throttle, just as quiet as stock. Great setup!

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone56 View Post
    Just installed Torq Loopz and black TBR's. Install not too bad, just getting shields back in place the hardest part. I took the advice of others on the site and put two gaskets end to end on each pipe which completely fills the fitting on the Torq Loopz plus leaves a little sticking out the end. Cranked the barrel clamps down to 27 NM and no leaks. Sounds great, no decal popping or any problems. This setup is not loud, and at cruising speed barely noticeable, and when you let off the throttle, just as quiet as stock. Great setup!
    Tbone--We have the same setup and like you, I couldn't be happier . Many complain of leaks with the Loopz, sometimes occurring immediately and sometimes taking a little time to show up. That's why I believe you were wise to double up on the short gaskets provided and I assume you also used some type of exhaust fittings sealer. We should not expect to have any leaks now or ever.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Tbone--We have the same setup and like you, I couldn't be happier . Many complain of leaks with the Loopz, sometimes occurring immediately and sometimes taking a little time to show up. That's why I believe you were wise to double up on the short gaskets provided and I assume you also used some type of exhaust fittings sealer. We should not expect to have any leaks now or ever.
    Did you put the sealer on the edge of the fittings after the clamps were tight? Or did you put the sealer on the gasket before it was inserted into the pipe? Also, do you think there is any reason to put sealer around the angled pipe that fits into the TBR pipe?

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone56 View Post
    Did you put the sealer on the edge of the fittings after the clamps were tight? Or did you put the sealer on the gasket before it was inserted into the pipe? Also, do you think there is any reason to put sealer around the angled pipe that fits into the TBR pipe?
    After my first Loopz installation that was a total failure , I went with the double gaskets and coated the gaskets with exhaust joint compound. Needless to say, I wasn't taking any more chances. I believe the most important joint, with regard to exhaust leakage, is the incoming joint to the Loopz. For the angled pipe going into TBR, I believe the supplied Permatex anti-seize compound is sufficient.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Brocks Performance slip ons:
    Attachment 19784Attachment 19785
    2013 Honda F6B #374 (darksided)
    2004 Honda NRX1800 RUNE #274
    2008 Can Am Spyder #21 (basically factory darksided. )
    1989 Kawasaki KZ1000 Police
    1992 Yamaha FJ1200

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Can I first say that I'm not trying to be obstinate or hard-headed. Really, I'm not!

Skeptical yes; but not arguing for the sake of arguing.

Dyno's can be made to give you whatever information you want. When magazines and retailers dyno, or otherwise test, product that they're receiving advertising money for, there's an incentive to show the product in a favorable light. I won't accuse Cycleworld of skewing results but I will point out this conflict of interest which makes their results non-definitive to me. In the professional world of scientific and engineering testing, such conflicts send the results automatically to the round file.

I'd be much happier to see results like this from a Joe Schmoe user like you or me where no money is exchanging hands.

Let me ask this, how many exhaust design articles can we find where they say it's beneficial to send gases into pressurized chambers?

How many designs like this do we see on race vehicles?

This is an exhaust for sound man, not performance.
    I have to agree, when installing a more free flowing exhaust, to get more HP and torque you should add more fuel and possibly tweek timing settings. Also air intake has a lot to do with adding performance. They all work in unison together. More air in, add fuel and expel exhaust faster. This is basically how more power is made. Sometimes dyno results forget to mention other factors that were used to achieve favorable results. Pipes alone could do just the opposite and hinder peformance

Torque master & torque loops

Video clips and write up on experiences are in the video section