Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B. - Page 26

View Poll Results: What Slip-ons are on your F6B?

Voters
525. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cobra

85 16.19%
  • Vance & Hines

24 4.57%
  • Rush

38 7.24%
  • Bassani

11 2.10%
  • Torque Master

16 3.05%
  • Stock

326 62.10%
  • other (do tell)

24 4.57%
  • with Torque Loops

15 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B.

#2 Best Stock Exhaust

I would say that the stock exhaust on my 2016 F6B comes in second to all the bikes I have had over the years some 35+ motorcycles. The best so far was my 1979 Honda CBX still can hear it in my head these days.

Pipes

Black cobras, torq loops with guhl ecu reflash and no baffles. It's incrediable!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    Here is your 1000 words. See ya.Attachment 10422 How it looks at 24,000.
    Is that a car tire on your bike?

I'm seriously jonesing for a set of the Cobra's. Anyone got a set they don't want? I promise I'll give you less than you want for them!

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    George you are putting words in my mouth. I said nothing of the sort. I do not run around trashing products without good reason like some people I know. Bird , I can feel a difference in my bike. I am probably more in tune with engine performance than some others. No it doesn't have 20 more HP. So far on my rides this year fuel mileage is up about 1.5 mpg. I am on vacation right now in Branson. Been down in Arkansas the last few days. Bike is performing great. Absolutely no drone with the V&H. Ask my wife. I installed the pipes as part if a master plan. This fall I will send the ECM to Guhl. While its out I will install the K&N filter and look at the airbox to see if I can get more air into it. As much as George can't stand it I believe V&H makes a great pipe. I haven't seen anything to the contrary and this is a company that has roots going back over 40 years. These guys are winners and they manufacture good products. I try to spend my money wisely , I think I made a good purchase. Oh and Bird they look awesome. For some reason George has an unfounded vendetta against this company. Apparently he fancies himself a flow engineer. So who do you listen to. George who can look at a pipe and tell its no good , or a company with roots going back over 40 years that backs up their claims by building THE fastest HD and Suzuki's on the planet. Personally George looks kinda small next to that. Sorry George.
    As the co-founder & former CEO of cruisercustomizing.com (I'm no longer affiliated) I have personally sold 100's, if not 1000's of sets of pipes (for cruisers, not Wings) and it has always been my experience that V&H makes the best quality pipes out there. We also sold a lot of DG HardKrome, Cobra, Roadhouse, Jardine, Bubs, and other brands. I would rate Cobras as the worst quality. That being said (and I can't believe I'm actually saying this!) but I just got a used F6B 2 days ago and I can't wait to install the Cobra's on it, I'm not even considering V&H. Why? Mostly for the looks, (53 can tell you I go for looks over function, right 53? ) I want BLACK pipes, and the 6 separate pipes just look frigging AWESOME! And most people on here seem happy with the sound and quality, as long as they don't have the drone, which can be cured by replacing the CAT with the torque loop and maybe removing the baffles from just the top pipes and leaving the other 4 baffles installed. So now I'll wait and see if anyone is selling a used set of the Cobra's, if not I found a set online, new, for $730 and free shipping, no tax. This, along with repainting my bike Metallic blue, and changing out the windshield, would make me a happy camper.

I just got my 2013 F6B shipped to me yesterday. Came with Rush Pipes and 2-1/2" Baffles. Way too loud for me... I just don't care for it... and yes, there is a terrible drone at highway speed. Fortunately, the bike came with the stock exhaust too, so I may just powder coat them black and put them back on.

Just my $.02.

Jim

Black Cobras, torq loops with ecu reflash

Had all the work done about a month ago. No baffles in and yes a little drone. Rode to a rally this weekend and the Vtwinky crowd wouldn't leave me alone. Questions like, what the hell is that, is that a V8. It sounds like my mustang and many more. The work has made this thing a true beast. It gets a lot of looks. Glad I ditched my vtwin addiction to the over priced HD crap. Thought I liked my 2014 Valkryie until I got this.

I just put on two brothers racing .sounds great lots of trouble getting all the right parts ,but now its done .Too cold to ride right now.I have the stock pipes for sale if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRob View Post
    Black Cobras with Torq loopz…no drone all baffles in, sounds great but 4000 RPM + AWESOME ,
    That's what I'm putting on started last week.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaburt62 View Post
    Had all the work done about a month ago. No baffles in and yes a little drone. Rode to a rally this weekend and the Vtwinky crowd wouldn't leave me alone. Questions like, what the hell is that, is that a V8. It sounds like my mustang and many more. The work has made this thing a true beast. It gets a lot of looks. Glad I ditched my vtwin addiction to the over priced HD crap. Thought I liked my 2014 Valkryie until I got this.
    wonder what your Valkyrie would have been like with the same set up.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    As the co-founder & former CEO of cruisercustomizing.com (I'm no longer affiliated) I have personally sold 100's, if not 1000's of sets of pipes (for cruisers, not Wings) and it has always been my experience that V&H makes the best quality pipes out there. We also sold a lot of DG HardKrome, Cobra, Roadhouse, Jardine, Bubs, and other brands. I would rate Cobras as the worst quality. That being said (and I can't believe I'm actually saying this!) but I just got a used F6B 2 days ago and I can't wait to install the Cobra's on it, I'm not even considering V&H. Why? Mostly for the looks, (53 can tell you I go for looks over function, right 53? ) I want BLACK pipes, and the 6 separate pipes just look frigging AWESOME! And most people on here seem happy with the sound and quality, as long as they don't have the drone, which can be cured by replacing the CAT with the torque loop and maybe removing the baffles from just the top pipes and leaving the other 4 baffles installed. So now I'll wait and see if anyone is selling a used set of the Cobra's, if not I found a set online, new, for $730 and free shipping, no tax. This, along with repainting my bike Metallic blue, and changing out the windshield, would make me a happy camper.
    I've been installing the black cobras and the torque loopz all weekend - slow go. had to take a lot of stuff apart. Be done this week 2/28/17. vrooooom.