Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B. - Page 3

View Poll Results: What Slip-ons are on your F6B?

Voters
525. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cobra

85 16.19%
  • Vance & Hines

24 4.57%
  • Rush

38 7.24%
  • Bassani

11 2.10%
  • Torque Master

16 3.05%
  • Stock

326 62.10%
  • other (do tell)

24 4.57%
  • with Torque Loops

15 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    For many? Perhaps,,,,

For this old Midwestern Country boy who, throughout his entire young adult life, was surrounded with V-8's, headers, mind-altering substances,,,, and whom also had a general lack of respect for ANY authority,,,,, anything with a 6 reminded me of an airplane,,,
    I hear ya, Scotrod! I grew up in the Southeast and like you, I still love the sound of a big V8. The home of NASCAR is literally in my backyard . Over the years though, I've had quite a few sport bikes and always added after market exhaust so I learned to appreciate the high-reving 4-cylinder sound and yes, even the tuned porsche sound . My daily driver is a tuned GTI with AWE catback exhaust. It sounds pretty good too (for a 4-cylinder).

This thread being about slip-on exhaust systems, maybe I should mention that I just replaced my Torq Master Daytona pipes with black Rush pipes (2.5" baffles). Basically, I wanted to go with more black and less chrome which this accomplished. The tone is deeper with the Rush and the fit is considerably better. It sure is nice to have the shields close-fitting once again .
    Ken (Hornblower)

gotta say im loving my monster ovals

Another vote for Stock, at least for right now.

Quote Originally Posted by coffee_weasle View Post
    me three
    Stop in the Aroma coffee shop in Peru IN and I will treat you to all the free coffee you can handle. My daughter is the proprietor.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

After the HD years, staying stock here...

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    I'm content with the OEM sound,,, The cadence of a 6 cylinder,,, any 6 cylinder,, really doesn't excite me, so no real need to go beyond a smooth purr,,,

+1
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

staying stock too
    DOD Retired Cold War, Operation Promote Liberty, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran. PPR (PAINt proBLEM registry) Member! Current rides: 1984 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 1340, 2013 Honda GoldWing F6B 1832, 2014 BMW R nine T 1170

The F6 is the only bike I've ever had where I plan on keeping the stock pipes. Every Harley I've owned in the last twenty years needed pipes to sound like a Harley (part of the Harley tax). I'm at the point where quiet, fast and stealth are for me.

Quote Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
    STOCK say what you want but you aint getten a great sound out of the F6. It's like putting AM radio on the best speakers out there just isn't happening
    It's all a matter of taste, but my Valkyrie sounds like a beast and gets a lot of attention from the non initiated Harley riders. Cobra 6 into 6 pipes, sounds better than any V-twinky any day. Aren't you guys bored with the kool aide drinking , me too sound of those V-twins? I hear another one go down the road and just yawn. Same ol s^%*, different day.

As far as my F6B, I'm tempted to leave the sound alone. Kinda like the quiet for a change, but I'll probably spice it up soon.

After having a few bikes with loud pipes I'm happy with the quiet sound of my F6.