Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B. - Page 5

View Poll Results: What Slip-ons are on your F6B?

Voters
525. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cobra

85 16.19%
  • Vance & Hines

24 4.57%
  • Rush

38 7.24%
  • Bassani

11 2.10%
  • Torque Master

16 3.05%
  • Stock

326 62.10%
  • other (do tell)

24 4.57%
  • with Torque Loops

15 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B.

The F6B I just bought had the Cobra 6-2-6 installed by the dealer. It sounded fantastic at idle and blipping the throttle. Between 50 and 80 kph the drone was so ridiculous that I couldn't wait to get the test ride over. After he put the stock pipes back on, it sounded like a Goldwing and I was happy.

Cobra 6-2-6

Love my Cobras...

The "infamous drone" gets to me once in while on a longer ride, but I have gotten used to the Cobra's looks and sound. I will probably keep them on for now and rather like them the more I ride...Someone on the board said he pulled one baffle out of the longest pipe and that he was very satisfied with the results...Anyone else tried this...Just curious???

Stock and stock they will stay!

One of the reasons I made the shift to F6B from HD was I was tired, seriously tired of the noise. I like the look and sound of the the stock pipes. As far as I am concerned the bike runs perfectly with stock pipes, suspension, intake, lighting and tires. I did change the seat, the rider pegs, added ergo's, and a windshield and belly pan, cup caddy. Just a few things to make it mine. Neil Hambly is making me some new badges and I took off the Honda letters front and back, chunked the passenger backrest and the passenger pegs. It's damn near perfect for me. I will add some aftermarket fog lamps and I'll get them in yellow. I got seriously run over in 2009, and i've run yellow L.E.D.'s on my HD's since. People see you very well even in daytime and they don't get pissed at night, but they still see you. I actually love the horn on this bike, it's very loud and sounds like a car horn on a 57 Buick Roadmaster, folks notice it. I had a Police Air Horn on my other bikes that sounded like a Firetruck coming through the intersection. I'm still a good and safe rider, but not near the rider at 63 that I was at 43, also not near as crazy, so that is a plus on a machine that performs as the F6B does.

I miss the thump thump

My big V-twin thump is something I miss... Would like to remove my stock pipes for something louder, and also blacked out... Always had carbs in the past that needed re-jetted after a pipe change... What will need done or readjusted if I'd change out to black tips like MSGT's bike. ( that's the look I like )?????? Any tips / suggestions

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FF-Ed View Post
    Always had carbs in the past that needed re-jetted after a pipe change... What will need done or readjusted if I'd change out to black tips like MSGT's bike.
    Absolutely nothing. You can throw the muffs away /ride w/o 'em, no harm done, except maybe to yer ears!!!

As I'm sure you know, the 6 will never sound like a twin,,, Not even close,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    Foggy Bottom Motor Werks, Honda mod mufflers with crossover vented disk. Little Red Riding Hood would say, "Just Right".
    Update: I am getting over 50 mph below 55 mph, like running the back roads!
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

well then,

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Absolutely nothing. You can throw the muffs away /ride w/o 'em, no harm done, except maybe to yer ears!!!

As I'm sure you know, the 6 will never sound like a twin,,, Not even close,,,
    Then how about some of those whistle tips they put on cars in the inner city

whoop whoop....

Seriously tho, I was thinking something like a monza exhaust sound of a honda accord.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

Cool Vance & Hines Monster Slip ons

Installed this week and so far no issues. Nice sound, not sure if there's a performance increase. No drone, stereo still sounds good as ever. I never touched a motorcycle prior to this March and the installation was manageable.

Randy

Rush sounds better than TM's?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I hear ya, Scotrod! I grew up in the Southeast and like you, I still love the sound of a big V8. The home of NASCAR is literally in my backyard . Over the years though, I've had quite a few sport bikes and always added after market exhaust so I learned to appreciate the high-reving 4-cylinder sound and yes, even the tuned porsche sound . My daily driver is a tuned GTI with AWE catback exhaust. It sounds pretty good too (for a 4-cylinder).

This thread being about slip-on exhaust systems, maybe I should mention that I just replaced my Torq Master Daytona pipes with black Rush pipes (2.5" baffles). Basically, I wanted to go with more black and less chrome which this accomplished. The tone is deeper with the Rush and the fit is considerably better. It sure is nice to have the shields close-fitting once again .
    Hi Hornblower,
    I've been debating between the Torq Master black Kingsnakes and the black Rush pipes you're describing. It looks like the Rush are less expensive, but it looks like they don't replace the chrome piece in front of the muffler...can you get that powdercoated black or buy it somewhere else.

More importantly, you do like the sound better from the Rush pipes? I've recently moved from the M109R with drilled out stock pipes and was pleased with that....I know a 6 won't sound the same as a v twin, but want to hear the motor "growl" more.

thanks,
    Michael