Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B. - Page 6

View Poll Results: What Slip-ons are on your F6B?

Voters
525. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cobra

85 16.19%
  • Vance & Hines

24 4.57%
  • Rush

38 7.24%
  • Bassani

11 2.10%
  • Torque Master

16 3.05%
  • Stock

326 62.10%
  • other (do tell)

24 4.57%
  • with Torque Loops

15 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by doktirbob View Post
    Hi Hornblower,
    I've been debating between the Torq Master black Kingsnakes and the black Rush pipes you're describing. It looks like the Rush are less expensive, but it looks like they don't replace the chrome piece in front of the muffler...can you get that powdercoated black or buy it somewhere else.

More importantly, you do like the sound better from the Rush pipes? I've recently moved from the M109R with drilled out stock pipes and was pleased with that....I know a 6 won't sound the same as a v twin, but want to hear the motor "growl" more.

thanks,
    Michael
    The sound is going to be a matter of personal choice but I do prefer Rush, at least compared the Daytona model that I had. The Rush pipes are considerably heavier and I believe the heavier gauge sheet metal contributes to the deeper and, IMO, more "dense" sound. That said, both Rush and TM are excellent pipes and both offer baffle choices to control volume. And yes, the chrome shield has to be painted to match black pipes. You can remove it for powder coating or simply mask off and spray with hi-temp flat black, which is what I did. It seems to be holding up just fine.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    Update: I am getting over 50 mph below 55 mph,

Uh, pretty sure we all do,,, whenever we run 51, 52, 53, or 54 mph,,,

exhaust slip-ons

My bike was used to make the bassini exhaust system took about three months of fitting and refitting and choosing baffles. Very strong sound that will never change because of the baffles used.

Rush makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    The sound is going to be a matter of personal choice but I do prefer Rush, at least compared the Daytona model that I had. The Rush pipes are considerably heavier and I believe the heavier gauge sheet metal contributes to the deeper and, IMO, more "dense" sound. That said, both Rush and TM are excellent pipes and both offer baffle choices to control volume. And yes, the chrome shield has to be painted to match black pipes. You can remove it for powder coating or simply mask off and spray with hi-temp flat black, which is what I did. It seems to be holding up just fine.
    Thanks so much for your followup! Another few questions if I may. I just got off the phone with Mike at Rush. He's recommending the 4025B (extended tip) to extend past the F6B bags. I prefer the "standard" slashcut black 4014B. Which one did you go with? Alternatively, can I use my stock tip and paint/powdercoat it instead? Finally, did you sand or prime the chrome shield or paint it directly with the high temp black?

Now, back to the garage to fight the plugs for my Kisan Pathblazer...cant get the right side one to plug in....ugh!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by doktirbob View Post
    Thanks so much for your followup! Another few questions if I may. I just got off the phone with Mike at Rush. He's recommending the 4025B (extended tip) to extend past the F6B bags. I prefer the "standard" slashcut black 4014B. Which one did you go with? Alternatively, can I use my stock tip and paint/powdercoat it instead? Finally, did you sand or prime the chrome shield or paint it directly with the high temp black?
    I did go with the 4025B extended tips. My preference would have been extended slash cuts but that style wasn't offered. Still, IMHO, having the tips extend beyond the bags looks best and supposedly gets the sound a little further behind you. The baffles on my bike are 2.5" and there is a fair amount of "hum" at highway speed. If you don't want that, consider the 2.25" baffles or even smaller if you want it even quieter.

I see no reason you couldn't paint or powdercoat the stock tips. On the chrome shields, I did scuff the chrome lightly, masked off the area, and rattle-canned hi-temp flat black. So far, so good on that.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Had the 6-into-6 on the '98 Valk. My new F6B (as of yesterday) has stock pipes and I miss the rumble.
    This bike will never sound like my 95 Heritage with Thunderheader (thank the Maker!) but I am looking for more low rumble.

Exhaust type

Had the drone with stock drilled out, went to Cobras with Tourque Loops, and one set of baffles out, sounds just right to me!
    Ride On!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Goodman View Post
    My bike was used to make the bassini exhaust system took about three months of fitting and refitting and choosing baffles. Very strong sound that will never change because of the baffles used.
    I have just ordered the bassani for mine. Did u remove some or all of the baffle filling?
    Born to Ride! Check out more of my F6B Trike Pics in my album

Quote Originally Posted by wroc1 View Post
    Bassani
    How do you like the bassani pipes?
    Born to Ride! Check out more of my F6B Trike Pics in my album

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Had the 6-into-6 on the '98 Valk. My new F6B (as of yesterday) has stock pipes and I miss the rumble.
    This bike will never sound like my 95 Heritage with Thunderheader (thank the Maker!) but I am looking for more low rumble.
    This is a discussion I'd be interested in: I heard the Valk 6/6 and thought they sounded awesome. Never heard about any "drone" from them, but then didn't ask either. Now the F6B 6/6 sounds a little anemic in comparison -- at least from what I can tell on line and there is this issue of drone. Why the difference? Aren't they both fed by basically the same motor? Wouldn't the dimensions be basically the same?