Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B. - Page 7

View Poll Results: What Slip-ons are on your F6B?

Voters
525. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cobra

85 16.19%
  • Vance & Hines

24 4.57%
  • Rush

38 7.24%
  • Bassani

11 2.10%
  • Torque Master

16 3.05%
  • Stock

326 62.10%
  • other (do tell)

24 4.57%
  • with Torque Loops

15 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote1998 View Post
    Had the drone with stock drilled out, went to Cobras with Tourque Loops, and one set of baffles out, sounds just right to me!
    Ride On!
    This might be the route I go eventually, but it's a spendy solution and not near the top of my addon priorities yet. Thanks for the info. If you post a youtube or sound clip, that would be awesome.

Valk 6 into 6

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcabdaddy View Post
    This is a discussion I'd be interested in: I heard the Valk 6/6 and thought they sounded awesome. Never heard about any "drone" from them, but then didn't ask either. Now the F6B 6/6 sounds a little anemic in comparison -- at least from what I can tell on line and there is this issue of drone. Why the difference? Aren't they both fed by basically the same motor? Wouldn't the dimensions be basically the same?
    BCD,
    I miss the Valk already - she was sold back to her original owner in Vancouver BC. They are heading cross continent right now...
    The sound was a lot like a tuned 1971 Mach 1 Mustang. Not a "low" rumble" but VERY muscle car-ish. I never had a drone issue, but I always wear a super-form-fit-full-face helmet.
    You could tell that the "muscle" was "present" until you cracked the throttle, then the "dragon roared."
    Scared more than a fair share of HD owners.

As far as the F6B 6 into 6, I cannot compare as I have yet to experience one with those installed.

Anyone experienced both?
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Remember the old Valk had 6 carbs, no cats or crossovers, and each pipe went straight into the headers which gave the Cobra's a unique sound from the 1500 motor...My F6B with Cobra's is no where near the nice sound of my old Valk. plus I never heard of "drone" until I put the current Cobra pipes on my bike..Kind of getting used to the sound now and will leave them on until next spring and then decide to leave them alone or go back to stock....Not going to spend anymore money on pipes!!!

Ah yes, no cats

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Remember the old Valk had 6 carbs, no cats or crossovers, and each pipe went straight into the headers which gave the Cobra's a unique sound from the 1500 motor...My F6B with Cobra's is no where near the nice sound of my old Valk. plus I never heard of "drone" until I put the current Cobra pipes on my bike..Kind of getting used to the sound now and will leave them on until next spring and then decide to leave them alone or go back to stock....Not going to spend anymore money on pipes!!!
    Thanks Opas. Yes, the Valks did have 6 entirely separate systems.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Cool Vance & Hines Monster Slip-ons

These pipes look great with their unique rectangular shape, and a nice low, non-offensive sound. They were already on FoxyB when I purchased her, used, with less than 800 miles on her. The previous owners, or maybe the dealer (Honda of Russellville), added a number of nice things to the bike including a Corbin seat, carpets, center stand, smoke light covers, accessory charger in the glovebox, battery tender hookup, and gloss black paint rather than matte. I am short, so I've got a custom Corbin on order that should give me more foot on the ground.

My husband loved my F6B so much he ended up buying a new red model. He will be the lucky recipient of the original Corbin seat from FoxyB. He also has a 2006 GL1800 so he's already comfy with the new bike.

FYI -- we both traded Harley's on our F6Bs. I still have my V-Rod though. She's still a sweet (and quiet) ride.

Cobra Six

I also just put the Cobra six slip ons on my rand new F6B... less than 400 miles on it. I love throaty tome these pipes give the bike. The sound goes form almost no existent with the stock pipes to having a growl of a sports car. Yes, there is a little more noticeable noise at cruising speed but not bad at all with the baffles still in place. I can still hear the radio just fine especially with my Baggershield adjustable windshield in the all the way up position.
    I met another F6B rider who had the same pipes and removed the baffles....he put them back in a day later.

Bassani pipes with extended end caps..
    Born to Ride! Check out more of my F6B Trike Pics in my album

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fun View Post

My husband loved my F6B so much he ended up buying a new red model. .
    Spanky got a 6, then his Wife Clutch got one.

I got my 6 from HOR, and my wife picked hers up from HOR later that same week,,,

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Would like to try the 2015 'all black' OEM pipes,,,,

Pretty content with both the look and sound of our OEM's but the 2015's are supposed to have a bit more 'rumble',,,

Lots of the bikes at the Franklin Rally had slip-ons (Looked mostly like Rush, T-masters, or Bassani's,,, not many Cobra's) I thought they all sounded pretty good,,, at least in the parking lot!!!

Chosen the F6b 'cause is smooth and silent...I prefer spend money for suspensions...