Corbin VS. Ultimate (Not a debate)

Thread: Corbin VS. Ultimate (Not a debate)

Corbin VS. Ultimate (Not a debate)

A quick question to those that have tried both the Corbin and Ultimate seats. Does one set you lower on the bike than the other or are they about the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
    A quick question to those that have tried both the Corbin and Ultimate seats. Does one set you lower on the bike than the other or are they about the same?

Last year at Biketoberfest I rode over to Ulitimate and had them pull off my Mustang seat and install an Ultimate Mid rider seat with backrest. I decided I needed a backrest after the ride down from Connecticut. The Mid rider pushed me so far forward my knees were almost against the Fairing and I was now looking way over my windshield. They make a nice seat but I was soo put off by the seating position I didn't even want to try the King seat. Ultimate did say their seats are set to put you at stock height. Seemed to me I was farther forward and up a bit from stock but I guess I should have also realized I needed to break in the seat maybe...

So when I got back home I bought a Corbin and that sat me just like the Mustang. Lower and back just a bit.

This is all just my take on the position, hope it helps
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

I have tried Corbin, Ultimate mid, and Ultimate king.

The Corbin moved me back and down. I don't really know how much but it was noticeable.

The Ultimate mid rider moved me up and forward. Many say they think the Ultimate sits you at the same height as stock but it felt higher to me. The mid rider position was way too forward for me (5'9", 30" inseam).

The Ultimate king may have moved me back a little compared to stock but I'm not really sure because the butt-stop on the stock was at about a 40° angle where the Ultimate is at about an 80° angle. I don't sit all the way back on either the stock or the king. My rider's backrest on the king is set forward enough that my butt doesn't reach the butt-stop on the seat. The king height seems the same as the mid rider height.
    Riding the upward spiral.

I had an Ultimate on my VStar 1100 and sent it back. Good quality product, but not for me. It like I was sitting on a playground swing perpendicularly. You sink down and down and down and it crushed my reproductive organs and locked me into place. With the backrest, add in getting bolted upright with all of these other things. It was actually painful.

However, I am the rare one who didn't like the Ultimate on the VStar. Most love it over on that forum.

Best seat - Indian Chieftain, followed by the F6B stock seat.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6