First 2 Up!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First 2 Up!

Cool First 2 Up!

Had my first trip out with a passenger. My pal is 6' 3" but I didn't feel much in the way of performance reduction with his extra weight. I still managed to get up to 70+ very quickly when it came to overtaking. A few months ago I bought my wife all the gear she needs to accompany me out, now she says she won't come with me! I've tried everything, jokes, pleading and puppy dog eyes but still no is the answer. Anyone else had this issue with their significant other? Did you resolve it and how?

Attachment 5861 Attachment 5862
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    A few months ago I bought my wife all the gear she needs to accompany me out, now she says she won't come with me! I've tried everything, jokes, pleading and puppy dog eyes but still no is the answer. Anyone else had this issue with their significant other? Did you resolve it and how?
    Paul B, you're not alone, if that's any consolation . Some people just don't find the "adventure" of bike riding appealing and, like your wife, mine feels the same way. So now, I enjoy the advantages of riding solo, the main one being no one telling me to slow down .
    Ken (Hornblower)

My wife rode pasenger wih me for 30+ years. Then she got her own motorcycle. She quit riding when the first grandchild came along since she became day care for a few years. We sold her Harley about 12 years ago. From the time she learned to ride her own bike, she never wanted to ride as a passenger. After my Harley years, I have owned two full Wings and the F6B. She has not been on any of them. However, she will not drop her motorcycle drivers license.

I really dont mind anymore. I have become very accostomed to solo riding to the point I really do not care to have a passenger. 50 years of riding. 30 years with a passenger and the last 20 without. I now prefer the latter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My wife rode with me back when we were dating 32+ years ago. I sold the bike before we got married, then started riding again about 14 years ago. My wife has had no interest in riding with me no matter which bike I've owned. And I don't think she's going to.

No wacks on the brain bucket, Paul.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

The SO went on a 500 mile ride yesterday, she likes the 6 but who knows when that will happen again. Their are those times when it is nice to have someone along to share whatever comes along but I have no problem w/solo and whatever comes along.

My wife prefers to ride on short rides of 100 miles or less...the longer rides become painful to her knees...and besides who here would ride on the back...boring!!!!! And if the truth were told I prefer riding alone...point the bike into the wind, when it gets late, turn on the GPS and head home!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

If you want to see why they don't want to ride on the back just lock your throttle lock and slide back on the rear seat. They take a beating back there from the buffeting. My wife and I have traveled all over the U.S. and Canada on our Wing but I put Baker wings, Transformer floorboards on the bike and also we bought her the most comfortable helmet and gear we could find. This all helped but I'm still more comfortable then she is.

When I had the Can-Am Spyder my wife had no problem going for rides but now with the 6 she says it feels like we are going to fall over when we go on turns so now its only me-myself-and I that goes on rides now
    Ride it like you stole it

Cool Not Alone

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for your replies. I now see I'm not alone on this one, don't get me wrong I love riding the bike solo, just every now and again it would be nice to have my wife with me for company. I know being the passenger isn't great, but I don't know why anyone would refuse a trip out on a bike! The good news is my daughter is coming to visit in a few weeks and she has been told!! I mean agreed to go for a trip with her old Dad. I know this sort of thing isn't for everyone, and folk do have their reasons for not liking motorcycling, but I just love it and I want to spread that love......
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"