Audio Pin Connection

Thread: Audio Pin Connection

Audio Pin Connection

Hello All,

Newbie F6B owner here...picking up a black (accessorized like a deluxe as the deluxe isn't sold in Canada) in Vancouver mid June and running it back to the Canadian East coast in a couple different stints this summer. Trying to make it as functional as possible for my lady and myself for the trip.

Question #1 What audio pin connector exists in the right glove box? Is there a male pin connector there already or do I need a male to male pin conductor to hook up my IPhone to the audio.

Question #2 I see the ergo II Kuryakan highway pegs for the pilot and the mini drop floorboards for the pilot. Do I understand correctly that I can fit the mini boards for the passenger by pairing them with the Kuryakan adapter # 8807?

Appreciate any feedback on these questions.

Looking forward to the new bike and the trip....up until now I have and still do ride old British iron and mid eighties Harley stuff. Bit of a tinkerer but want to try something fresh and tinkerless if not tinkerfree.

tinkerman

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Right Glove box?

Mine doesn't have a right glove box,,, Got a left side cubby and a glove box in the center, though,,, Plain old male 3.5 mm stereo AUX plug in my LH cubby. Nada in me glovebox,,, (USB in the left saddlebag as well.)

A set of adapters will allow you to mount the Kury-mini boards to the passenger location. (Not sure on the adapter part number)

And,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, WELCOME!!!

See?

I told you I was a newbie.....but that was more of a brain fart really.....

Left Hand Cubby....got it. And I have already picked up the male/male audio cord so I should be good to go....I can just throw out the receipt.

Now if I could get conformation of the adapter #....no doubt the Kuryakan folk can help me when they open on Monday but a little more confirmation from someone that has used same would be great...due diligence and all that.

Thanks,

tinkerman

Uhh

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerman View Post
    See?

I told you I was a newbie.....but that was more of a brain fart really.....

Left Hand Cubby....got it. And I have already picked up the male/male audio cord so I should be good to go....I can just throw out the receipt.

Now if I could get conformation of the adapter #....no doubt the Kuryakan folk can help me when they open on Monday but a little more confirmation from someone that has used same would be great...due diligence and all that.

Thanks,

tinkerman
    I don't think you need the cord you can plug any audio device in just as it is, it is in essence a male headphone jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerman View Post

Question #1 What audio pin connector exists in the right glove box? Is there a male pin connector there already or do I need a male to male pin conductor to hook up my IPhone to the audio.
    The left side cubby has a 3.5 male connector. Should fit 99% of all audio devices on the market.

To hear your audio source you must connect the 3.5 pin into your source player, turn the player on, then select AUX on your left lower dash to hear audio from your source through the bike speakers or your helmet speakers, and the later only if your helmet is connected to the built in comm system. That connector is a 5 pin by the way.

Alternatively there is a USB jack in your left saddlebag that will accommodate a memory stick with MP3 files, or an iPod touch. Same rules apply to hear the audio from the USB source. Set to AUX on the left panel. Check the owner's manual for compatible players and music format types.

The light comes on

OK, That clears it up on the audio connection, and I appreciate the clarification.....keep in mind I have been running much more basic wheels for thirty years....not use to all the gadgets. Additionally the bike is on the west coast and I am 4000 km and two weeks away from picking it up.

Hopefully someone will chime in on some floorboard ideas...

In the meantime.....thanks very much for all the info.

tinkerman