OTD prices - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OTD prices

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    If that's a true out the door price with no hidden anything that is really good, at least for my area. I was $21,500 otd. That made the base price for the deluxe around $19,000.
    Yup, that's what I was lead to believe. The true OTD price.
    They wouldn't let me keep the quote of course and I missed all my "take a pic" opportunities.

Cool

I feel that is a great price...at least for my area.....the base price is all you can really compare...each area has different fees, taxes and so on....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

OTD Price

I bought my F6B Standard yesterday from Honda of Shawnee (Oklahoma) for $16,999. Of course, after taking about 1-1/2 hour to work up the paperwork and meet the parts and service team it cost me another $2,000 in accessories. Highway pegs, heel-toe shifter, Rider and passenger floor boards, 12VDC accessory plug, center stand, fog lights, passenger audio plug, Corbin seat with backrest and adjustable windshield. (they gave 20% off an all parts) When I asked for a free dealership tee shirt, the manager said the only thing he could give was a hug. LOL

OTD price

Shawnee Honda will meet or beat any bodies price otd
    I have purchase two 2013 goldwings one for me and one
    for the wife ask for Mike or Randy, one F6B and one was
    triked.

Quote Originally Posted by simpsonc View Post
    I bought my F6B Standard yesterday from Honda of Shawnee (Oklahoma) for $16,999. Of course, after taking about 1-1/2 hour to work up the paperwork and meet the parts and service team it cost me another $2,000 in accessories. Highway pegs, heel-toe shifter, Rider and passenger floor boards, 12VDC accessory plug, center stand, fog lights, passenger audio plug, Corbin seat with backrest and adjustable windshield. (they gave 20% off an all parts) When I asked for a free dealership tee shirt, the manager said the only thing he could give was a hug. LOL

I am attempting to say this politely, so I truly hope that you take this with that in mind, and not get bent out of shape over this post.

If I were you, which I am not...because I would not have made those additional purchases at the dealership on the day of the bike purchase...but if I were you, I would either return ALL of those added items, or tell the dealer that you do NOT want them, or to NOT add them onto your bike.

Period !

Now, I do not know you, and you do not know me. I do not know how you ride, why you ride, or what you plan to do with your bike. BUT....

Many of those accessories and add-ons can be bought from other manufacturers for less money...directly from the manufacturer for less money...and many of the Honda items you bought are of less quality or functionality compared to some of the aftermarket items that are made for the same purpose.

Example, the fog lights you bought, IF they are the Honda ones, are not even close to being as useful as some from Electrical Connection or from BikeMP3. The 12VDC power plug from Honda is a lot more money, and not as good, as ones from EC or BikeMP3. You ordered a Corbin seat...have you ever owned a Corbin seat before? A lot of people find them to be difficult to fit them, while some people like them. You said an adjustable windshield...really...from WHO ?

My point is, and oh, man, I hope you understand that I am trying to help...is that you threw $ 2k at them in added items, they would not even give you a free t-shirt, and most...MOST...of the items you bought will be less functional or not as good as what some other companies make. On this forum we have attemtped to cover and discuss almost all items we have added onto our bikes. We each have our own vision and version of what we want our bikes to do for us, or to be for us. While people like Bob and Steve and myself have slightly different bikes, we share info to make better decisions, and our three bikes are relatively the same...except for those CT's ...because we have shared info about the best l;ights, the best power plugs, the best seats, the best windshields, etc.

Bottomline is that it is YOUR bike. We are all happy to that bought this new bike, and are now a member of this forum. We WELCOME you.

It just would have been good to think through these added items a little better.

NOW...I am going to regret sending this post, and will feel like sh*t all day, but I truly am trying to help.

I have to agree with Miles on this one. Just trying to help too, of course.

How are these dealerships offering $16,999? The dealers here in AZ won't even budge on the price, the bikes barely make it to the showroom before they're sold.

The one I bought only sat there for a bit longer because the owner put 50 miles on it trying it out. I didn't mind because our dealer, Bob Parsons- founder of Go Daddy, is an avid rider and owns bikes from every brand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Parsons

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I have to agree with Miles on this one. Just trying to help too, of course.
    How are these dealerships offering $16,999? The dealers here in AZ won't even budge on the price, the bikes barely make it to the showroom before they're sold.
    Bobby,
    You must have missed my post from yesterday;

OK, I just got back from my "somewhat" local Honda dealer and received an OTD price of $20,705 (F6B Deluxe).
    That includes the following fees; license & title, tax, dealer prep, set-up, document.
    I don't recall exactly but I believe the bike price was $17,xxx.
    I put down a $500 refundable deposit (7 days) and they assured me they would beat any deal.
    Thoughts?

I called a couple dealers in Arkansas, North Carolina, Tennessee, and South Carolina with OTD prices (excluding tax, title & license) between 16,498 - 17,600 for a standard model. I went to a dealer close by and asked them if they could match $17,500. At first they said no, and they told me they called corporate Honda to find out how the other dealers could sell so low. They said the dealers could select so many bikes as demos and sell at a lower price. I left and they called me back before I was two miles down the road and agreed to sell at my price. They had two deluxe's and two standards on the floor. The dealer can only keep a bike on the floor for so long before they have to start paying interest to Honda for the bike, they normally don't buy the bikes out right from Honda. So, I guess you can make a better deal if you can find a bike that has been on the floor a while, or buy from the huge volume dealers like Russellville or Chattanooga.

Cool

Don't ask the UK prices, when converted to $$ it would make your eyes water

Paul B......

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Gentlemen,

Some individuals just don't have the time or mechanical ability to do their own customizations.
    For some their time is more valuable than to just have the Dealer do the installations.

I personally enjoy doing my OWN installations yet I loose money when I am in the Garage instead of being at my office where I make substantially more than a mechanic at a Dealership. It is the price that I pay for my personal enjoyment …. in a way it is my therapy.

There are people in this world that earn $2000 in the blink of an eye, $2000 to them is peanuts. Peace of mind that a Dealer installed the parts and stands behind the workmanship, to some that is priceless.

I have a Business partner that earned Millions in 2012. He leaves the credit card number on file at the local Honda Dealership and doesn't care what the prices are. Just wants the best for his Bike.

If I were to hit the lottery ……… I would still do my own wrenching.

just my 2 cents