18 8.53%
  • Stock

131 62.09%
  • Other (please post)

8 3.79%
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: F6B Happy Ass Poll!

Cool F6B Happy Ass Poll!

What seat is currently on you F6B please make a selection in the poll and feel free to post comments about your current or previous seat experience.
    DOD Retired Cold War, Operation Promote Liberty, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran. PPR (PAINt proBLEM registry) Member! Current rides: 1984 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 1340, 2013 Honda GoldWing F6B 1832, 2014 BMW R nine T 1170

Voted "Other". I have a Rick Mayer and am 100% satisfied. Total comfort. No matter how long the ride, seat comfort is never a limiting factor.

Stoke seat, but ordered the Mustang, thanks to the great customer service from Teresa and Rick at Value Accessories.
    I will keep you posted on this one, just after mid-June.

Currently Stock but have been researching aftermarket seats. Likely going to try the Mustang but stuck trying between the plain vs the tuck and roll. I'm short and could really benefit from the lowered seat height.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    RDL,,, very similar to Rick Mayer
    Previous bikes,,, Sprinkled in some Mustangs and Ultimate's along the way before the RDL's.
    Went straight to RDL w/the 6.
    Done.

I really do not understand why you would want a tractor seat, on a motorcycle made for twisty roads. The Granny Chair Wing seats inhibit movement to shift ones weight in a curve. The flat seat on my F6B is just fine for crooked roads. I guess a butt hugger seat is ok for the long straight roads of Mid America and Florida. Just saying.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Ta hell with expensive seats,,, if yer ass ain't happy, this is a whole lot cheaper!!:

http://www.happybutt.com/happybutt_theproduct.html

Heck, number 3 and 5 might be my new fav tunes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    I really do not understand why you would want a tractor seat, on a motorcycle made for twisty roads. The Granny Chair Wing seats inhibit movement to shift ones weight in a curve. The flat seat on my F6B is just fine for crooked roads.:

Yup, Just not that many crooked roads here in TX. Got several with 80 and 85 mph speed limits, but dem crooked ones are hard to come by!!!

And besides,,,,,, less counter-steer/seat squirmin needed when ya don't use one of dem Abby-normal rear tires!

Mustang, good for me GREAT for the SO and if she's happy, I have to be, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    Voted "Other". I have a Rick Mayer and am 100% satisfied. Total comfort. No matter how long the ride, seat comfort is never a limiting factor.

Did you go to his shop and have him do it while you wait? I had him do my seat, and it is comfortable but the workmanship isn't up to par. I had to ship it back for issues in craftsmanship. I didn't get the seat back correct the second time either, and he refused to fix his (my seat) issues any further. He was very rude to me and I would not recommend his work to fellow board members