Recommendations for rear luggage for long trip?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for rear luggage for long trip?

Recommendations for rear luggage for long trip?

Hey I was looking for ideas on luggage that would strap down over the passenger seat for a long trip? I don't have a backrest or luggage rack yet (have a standard F6B model).

I really like the streaming looks of sportbike tail bags, but unfortunately they're only large enough to hold maybe a toothpick and a piece of gum ... was hoping to find something in this style, that lays flat, that would be big enough to actually hold stuff:

Attachment 8235

Attachment 8236

I was hoping to avoid something super tall like this, which looks like it would act like a sailboat sail ...

Attachment 8237

What do you guys use?

AN option....

I ordered the BikeMP3 luggage rack:
    http://www.bikemp3.com/Touring-Rack-...GW-F6B-TRK.htm

...and the Kuryakyn Gran Trailer Bag:
    http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/682/grantraveler-bag

They have not arrived so I cannot render a verdict, but it looked a functional combo.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I picked up a tourmaster tail bag for less that $100. It can hold three changes of clothing and toiletries. The extra bag on the back held shoes for me and the wife and the saddle bags were full of... refreshments.

Priorities...

Attachment 8240
    Doc

1998 Suzuki GS500E (Sold)
    2001 Yamaha VS250 Virago (Sold)
    2008 Suzuki GSX1300BK B-King (Sold)
    2013 Honda GL1800BD F6B (Sold)
    2013 Honda CB500F
    2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S
    2016 Honda GL1800

A Bushtec trailer !!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    Hey I was looking for ideas on luggage that would strap down over the passenger seat for a long trip? I don't have a backrest or luggage rack yet (have a standard F6B model).

I really like the streaming looks of sportbike tail bags, but unfortunately they're only large enough to hold maybe a toothpick and a piece of gum ... was hoping to find something in this style, that lays flat, that would be big enough to actually hold stuff:

What do you guys use?
    I'm 100% right there with you. I want something I can strap onto the back seat area and not a mile high. As U2 would say, "I still haven't found what I'm looking for." But I'll be watching this thread.

Have you looked at something like this? Firstgear Torrent Waterproof Duffel Bag - 40 Liter Capacity USA-FG-002-40 (On Amazon. I can't get the link copied right for some reason.) I'm thinking that might work as good as anything for what I'm after.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    A Bushtec trailer !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reedman71 View Post
    I picked up a tourmaster tail bag for less that $100. It can hold three changes of clothing and toiletries. The extra bag on the back held shoes for me and the wife and the saddle bags were full of... refreshments.

Priorities...

Attachment 8240
    The Tourmaster actually looks pretty good. The video says it's "23 liters" whatever that means and I know from experience I'd like something "30 liters" in size but it's definitely an option worth considering. Who needs that extra pair of jeans or swimsuit?

Thanks!

I use the Kury Gran Tailgater Bag. It's huge and holds a great amount of stuff. It has good solid D-rings and straps that hold it securely on the bike. It has an adjustable lumbar pad to help you use it as a backrest. And when you get there, it has a telescoping handle and wheels so you can just wheel it into the hotel or your home.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMike View Post
    I use the Kury Gran Tailgater Bag. It's huge and holds a great amount of stuff. It has good solid D-rings and straps that hold it securely on the bike. It has an adjustable lumbar pad to help you use it as a backrest. And when you get there, it has a telescoping handle and wheels so you can just wheel it into the hotel or your home.
    I looks awesome but I think is going to be too tall to be unsupported by a backrest. I think we're looking for something a little squattier -- or at least I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcabdaddy View Post
    I looks awesome but I think is going to be too tall to be unsupported by a backrest. I think we're looking for something a little squattier -- or at least I am.
    That's true. I wouldn't try to use it without a backrest.