• Corbin

18 8.53%
  • Stock

131 62.09%
  • Other (please post)

8 3.79%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: F6B Happy Ass Poll!

Just finished a 2700 mile trip on the stock seat. Butt sore for sure. On the way home I stopped at the Ultimate store to see what their seat looked like. I was really impressed and intend to take the wife up there for a demo ride real soon.

Corbin, Corbin, or Corbin

My ass is only happy on a Corbin. This will be my sixth Corbin - I can't wait until it arrives modified to give me more feet on the ground and move me a bit forward in the cockpit. Luckily, I bought a used (783 miles) 2013 Signature Series that came with the standard Corbin plus a whole lot of extras.

My hubby will be the lucky recipient of the existing Corbin, already broken in, as soon as my custom heated seat arrives. It will be black with black snake seating surfaces so it should look as awesome as it will feel. Once I get it, and have it installed, I'll post pics.

I am thinking of selling my Mustang and going over to Ultimate...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

stock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

Really, the only aftermarket seat I would currently consider would be the Mustang. Not necessarily for comfort, but for appearances. I'm very interested in that place the modifies the stock seat and may go that route if I make it out that way for the rally.

other

My choice was a Seth Lamm custom seat. I had Seth make up a seat for my other ride which is a CB1100 and really liked his work. Shipped him my OEM F6B seat and it came back lowered and the seat pocket is just ride for a secure rider position for those twisty bits. With just over 18k miles on the seat that includes four runs at the dragon tail and one ride to Sturgis the Seth Lamm upgrade is worth every dollar.
    Ride Safe
    Mike Neal
    East Texas

The factory seat works for me

The very first day I rode the F6B was over 400 miles and I was pleasantly surprised how comfortable it was. I am a fit 67 year old of average height (5' 10") and inseam (31") and weight (175lbs.). The seat is huge and allows one to move around if one gets tired of one position. I am considering highway pegs so I can stretch out from time to time but Honda does a lot of ergonomic research to come up with the best seat for the most people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Exploring the world, one road at a time.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by fun View Post
    My ass is only happy on a Corbin. This will be my sixth Corbin - I can't wait until it arrives modified to give me more feet on the ground and move me a bit forward in the cockpit. Luckily, I bought a used (783 miles) 2013 Signature Series that came with the standard Corbin plus a whole lot of extras.

My hubby will be the lucky recipient of the existing Corbin, already broken in, as soon as my custom heated seat arrives. It will be black with black snake seating surfaces so it should look as awesome as it will feel. Once I get it, and have it installed, I'll post pics.

That's exactly what I want Fun. I have a corbin on my 109 in alligator. Want to try the snake on the B. Pics when you get it.

Question about Mustang Seat

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I am thinking of selling my Mustang and going over to Ultimate...

Hey Steve,

I noticed you recently posted you were considering on switching your Mustang seat to the Ultimate seat. May I ask why? I'm looking into possibly going toward the Mustang from the stock seat...but I'm not sure if I should switch at all. I recently finished a 2300 mile trip...longest day being approximately 750 miles and my butt wasn't sore at all. My throttle hand however was sore. I'd like to have my seat more concaved to feel like I'm in the seat... Where as the stock seat is very flat, which makes me feel like I'm just sitting on the seat. I'm 5'9" with a 31" inseam...so I don't have any problems having both feet planted on the ground flat with the stock seat. Any advise? Feedback?

Thanks
    Vicki
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]