Quote Originally Posted by Bama Bagger View Post
Miles,

Thanks again for sharing those pics...that set-up was exactly what I described as wanting for my F6B. So mounted there the various units do not interfere with your view of the road?
Bama Bagger, I gave a lot of thought as to where to place those two items. I spend a lot of time in the saddle, and have owned several of these GL-1800 bikes before, with this same accessory equipment. I did not want the GPS or the Radar Detector to be "front and center", as that detracts from my centerline view of the road. These items are "auxilliary accessories", and should be "viewed" as such. That means my primary vision should be ON the road. My secondary vision can be diverted to view one or both accessories, when needed, but be close enough to line of sight, that I am not looking over my shoulder to see one of them.

The way I have them positioned...they do NOT interfere with anything on the bikes dash cluster. I can see every gauge, every light, every switch, and then..immediately off to the left or right of those items, are my GPS and my Valentine 1.

If I had to do it all over again, this is exactly how and where I would mount these.