UPGRADE TO BELL MAGNUM 9 OR UPGRADE WINDSHIELD? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UPGRADE TO BELL MAGNUM 9 OR UPGRADE WINDSHIELD?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    . My Madstad may look a bit "funky" but it's working exceptionally well .
    ,,, and probably the quietest shield you've ever ran, eh??

Wife and I actually have the 'stads off just for S + G and we're running the OEM's now. Full face Shoei's w/earplugs. Nice breeze up to about 50ish when puttin' out in the countryside, but dang sure wouldn't head out on any kind of trip like that.

So Whats the rule?

I have a VTX 1800 with a stock honda shield. I never experienced much wind. Never really had to think about it either. I just took the calm and the quiet for granted. Do I need a shield just below my line of sight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kfad View Post
    I like wearing a half helmet so windshield it was, Klock Werks Flare for me. Good luck
    I believe it must have been your f6 I saw at the Longview Lowes today, I really like the look of the Klock Works shield . That's the only one I've seen on a bike. '

That was my bike in Longview.....
    Did some measuring from the small Honda symbol above the ignition, the shield top is approx
    13 3/4" and from the windshields seal on the front straight up not following the shield it's approx 10"
    I'm 6'2' and it works great for me, and it looks great... Picked mine up at moto part hub for $235.20 instead of $279 that everyone else wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jay View Post
    I believe it must have been your f6 I saw at the Longview Lowes today, I really like the look of the Klock Works shield . That's the only one I've seen on a bike. '
    Thank you, like it a lot

a little more expensive, but with the 11" HP Windbender electric, you can have the "cool" factor and adjust as needed for wind noise.

KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Klock Werks, Windbender, baggershield Clearview, F4?

How in the world do I decide without buying multiple shields?
    I don't do many long trips but once and a while I'll do a 3 hour ride in the countryside. I do hit the highway once and a while also.

I really am thinking of the Klock Werks for the cool look . What size. Is dark smoke ok? It looks great ! Do I need to see through it. Any KW owners out there? To be honest, I like all the shields but like the curves of the KW best.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post
    Only you can decide what ~works~ for you... There is no other way to ~know~ w/o trying them yourself,,,

Even with the best of intentions, comments from others are mere generalizations,,, not facts applicable to every rider out there,,,

You must make this journey alone, Grasshopper!!!

[QUOTE=Scotrod;32230Wife and I actually have the 'stads off just for S + G and we're running the OEM's now. .[/QUOTE]

Update:

Only about an inch, inch and an eighth difference in height between the 'Stad base and the OEM shield.

Stad base has more of a radius along the top edge than the flatter OEM, so the greatest difference in height is only for a short distance, then decreases the further out from center one gets. (Stad base is taller) Top curvature of Stad base more closely resembles the arc of the dash,,,

Stad base is black opaque. While I kinda enjoy the extra little bit of visibility of the OEM, it's not anything that's going to make much of a difference 99.9% of the time.

SO,,,, I pulled the brackets off the Stad base and I'm running it alone as a shield. If / when I ever do more than just a casual putt close to home, just bolt the rest of the Stad on the base and roll,,,

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post
    I don't do many long trips but once and a while I'll do a 3 hour ride in the countryside. I do hit the highway once and a while also.

I really am thinking of the Klock Werks for the cool look . What size. Is dark smoke ok? It looks great ! Do I need to see through it. Any KW owners out there? To be honest, I like all the shields but like the curves of the KW best.
    Klock Werks Flare, I'm 6' 2 and can see over it so it doesn't interfere day or night.