UPGRADE TO BELL MAGNUM 9 OR UPGRADE WINDSHIELD? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: UPGRADE TO BELL MAGNUM 9 OR UPGRADE WINDSHIELD?

Fjr

My FJR had a electric windshield and 90% of the time i rode with it down....like looking over not through a windshield....in 40+ years of riding many bikes (only 5 ft 6 ) the stock windshield works great for me. but i wear the best helmets. Sometimes when riding 800+ miles a day i do use earplugs.

Bought the Bell Mag 9 Today!

I figured I was due for a new helmet and my dealer had a good price on them so I picked one up. So far it's nice to have the shield and sun visor.
    No need to pull out the riding glasses or goggles.
    Much to my surprise, it's still noisy although I don't feel the wind hitting my face unless I want it to by raising the shield. Hopefully I get used to the fit as the 3/4 helmet is a very snug fit.
    Been used to shorty helmets all these years. Shorties are very comfortable but I doubt they provide much protection compared to the 3/4 helmet.
    I definitely need a new windshield.

ive tried many helmets
    none keep out the wind noise till you change the screen...be safe enjoy
    i will say i can ride to work with my modular in the up position on hot days and listen to my ipod at 10 at 70 mph...

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    and listen to my ipod at 10 at 70 mph...
    Hi Smokinjoe....A little off topic but how do you go about using your iPod?
    Out the saddlebad as the manual suggests or out of the front left compartment.
    I have a music subscription to RDIO with awesome playlists. So far I have only used the headphone jack from the from compartment.
    (

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post
    Hi Smokinjoe....A little off topic but how do you go about using your iPod?
    Out the saddlebad as the manual suggests or out of the front left compartment.
    I have a music subscription to RDIO with awesome playlists. So far I have only used the headphone jack from the from compartment.
    (
    pretty simple go to the left saddlebag feel around at the top find the usb plug,plug it in and press the aux button twice you see ipod,you will have to start the app but you will have control ..
    ride safe

shooter

WRONG AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by michaels View Post
    you go from a open face helmet to a top brand helmet full face its day and night difference
    A helmet will not solve the windshield issue. I'm 6'1" and at 85 mph there is enough wind under my Shoei RF1100 that it tries to pull it off my head. It's even worse for my Gal on behind cause she sits up a little higher. Yeah a good full face is more aerodynamic than a Beanie or a 3/4. It's like putting a band aid on a cut that needs stitches.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    pretty simple go to the left saddlebag feel around at the top find the usb plug,plug it in and press the aux button twice you see ipod,you will have to start the app but you will have control ..
    ride safe
    can I do that with an iPhone 5?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post
    can I do that with an iPhone 5?
    you can get the iphone 5 to work but it requires a different cord its a lightning to charge and then headphone out..
    not positive but i think you can only do the volume up and down and shuffle is not controlled from the up and down switch but by the iphone
    you maybe better served using the bluetooth speakers in the helmet.then all you have to do is charge the phone..