A little tired - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little tired

Why are so many BMW & h-d riders such dicks about this whole thing? They are so serious! It's just enjoying motorcycles for crying out loud. I ride more in a month than most of these know-it-alls ride in a year , I just listen to em, then keep riding my way as I have for 40 plus years. Y'all ride safe!

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    Why are so many BMW & h-d riders such dicks about this whole thing?!
    Because they buy into the caché of the brand....and they're dicks!

Scoping out a GW meet someone asked if this was the new "wing" I said yes it is. A third party stepped into the conversation and said it's the ladies version.

But a lot more say it's "some sic sh1t"

Quote Originally Posted by GNW View Post
    Came thru Roswell, NM a couple of weeks ago at a gas station and a guy came over to look at my bike. He said he like it, but wanted to know if it was a Pacific Coast. He was just being a Butt, so I told him I had his Pacific Coast hanging !
    He knows his bikes. I can see why he would ask.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10Yh4UvoXbY

more-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75rBtmbX0DA

I was pleasantly surprised after I got my recent Sportster when a few of my HD friends said, "You didn't get rid of the Honda did you? That's a cool bike!"

How any rider could mistake the F6B for a scooter is beyond me. Scooters are step through.

Motorcyclist are funny folks, and I guess that what makes the sport so interesting though.
    Friends can come and go depending on what you might ride at the time.
    My wife and I have rode over 30 different motorcycles in the years past. We just love motorcycles and the ride. We rode Kawasaki Voyager 1300's (3 - 1985's) for awhile and had a good friend (couple) that we rode with (they also had a 1300). Well, we got a wild hare to have a 1987 Kawasaki Concour that we rode for over a year. When we got it, our friends thought we were absolutely crazy and our love affair was over.
    But, last week a fellow walking his dog, stopped to look at the F6 and said that has to be the most beautiful motorcycle I have ever seen!!
    Today and after all these years, I have to agree with that fellow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ericb445 View Post
    I like all bikes, I guess that makes me abnormal.
    +1

Agree, it's a lot of the riders I don't care for. I hate opinionated pricks.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Some folks are a wee bit insecure,,, Those who make comments, and those who worry about 'em.

I like all bikes, the more unique, the better. (Will the owner of the Black HD please step forward? JEEZ!!! )

Yes, I like all bikes. Doesn't mean I'd buy 'em/ride 'em, but I like 'em for what they are. I don't 'bad mouth' other folks bikes, but I do look at some and think to myself it would be uncomfortable, hot, rough-riding, ill-fitting, wouldn't suit my individual needs / do what I need done, but that doesn't mean the owner isn't tickled with it.

I don't have to ride it, and if they are happy with it, cool beans!!! If they don't have anything positive to say about mine,,, eh,,, whatever. (So far, I've received nothing but compliments, with the ~most-odd~(???) comment being "I though the purple one would be the Wifes bike and the black one would be the Husbands??" Heh heh heh! I guess they thought wrong, eh?!?!! LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by gray rider View Post
    I put this on an earlier thread but I have to comment on it again because ignorance is fascinating . I took a coffee break at a small town cafe and when I came out there was a group of Beemer riders examining my F6. The acknowledged expert of the group was, in great detail, explaining that my bike was a smaller engined, detuned beginner bike version of a Wing and was being sold to the public for less than half the price of a Wing. I attempted to correct him and he became hostile and told me I needed to read up and learn about motorcycles before opening my mouth. My other, recent, memorable encounter happened at the local Post Office as I parked my Hyabusa based B-King. A guy stopped, looked over the bike and said he intended to pick up one just like it. I told him they were made for one year and it was unlikely he would find one. He said that he could get one at any motorcycle shop and particularily liked it because he did not need a motorcycle license to ride it. Turns out he thought it was a 49cc scooter! I explained to him that what he was looking at was one of the most ass stomping motorcycles ever sold to the public and he walked away still believing that it was a 30mph scooter. I have 8 bikes and my freinds are splintered into groups based on what you ride. The Harley guys don't like anybody. The Triumph guys only like Brit bikes. The sport bike group would all stroke out if I'd show up on my Rune. The Honda guys don't like the Harley guys but will almost tolerate my KTM and so on. I enjoy annoying and embarrassing my friends so I often show up on the most obtuse bike possible. No matter what, my bikes are always faster than anything anybody else is riding so I always have the most fun as they eat my tire smoke.
    as some brand riders can be annoying, i just smile and nod, because "knowing" what you're talking about is ALWAYS better than trying to "sound" like a expert
    i rarely try to inform, and never try impress....

ignorance is bliss................... let them get a good nights sleep , lol
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

I'm with Scotrod on this one. I rode a yellow girls bike for years and took a lot of flak from the softail riders. Had a lot of laugh's because for the most part I could care less. I ride because I like the wind and the freedom, not because I am trying to make a fashion statement. If someone thinks the F6B looks like a scooter, I'd likely agree with them rather than argue. Makes no difference to me either way.

Its your bike and your day.... why let someone of no consequence ruin it for you.

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericb445 View Post
    Of people asking me if the F6B "is that a scooter or motorcycle?"
    I just chuckle at them, I never seen a scooter as big as the 6. I wonder if full wing riders get the scooter question.
    I'd ask them why they think it is a scooter? Interesting when folks are forced to engage their brains.

As a woman, I've not had the comments you guys have had--probably because I'm badass. There's a risk in telling a woman who rides one of these big bikes that it isn't this or that, or showing their ignorance and being vulnerable. Guys have conditioned their behaviors to interact with one another in that "one-upmanship" of the locker room.

They just don't know how to deal with a woman who doesn't give a flea's fart for what they think about my ride. I can sense it in them, when they only cautiously comment on the paint job whilst looking hard at the engine.

I'm feeling rather smug this evening.
    "If it moves, paint it."