728 miles Today!

Thread: 728 miles Today!

728 miles Today!

Starting Point was Denison , Tx
    Arkansas Highway 23 is a north–south state highway in north Arkansas. The route runs 24.05 miles (38.70 km) from US 71 near Elm Park north to the Missouri state line through Ozark and Eureka Springs.[2] Between AR 16 at Brashears and Interstate 40 north of Ozark (19.0 miles (30.6 km)), Highway 23 winds through the Ozark National Forest and is designated as the Pig Trail Scenic Byway due to its steep hills and hairpin turns. Then off to Talimena National Scenic Byway.Sorry no pictures from there...but heres a link http://www.talimenascenicdrive.com/

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Always have liked riding in Ark,,,

I just beat you by 3, did 731 miles from Detroit, north over the Mackinac Bridge, up to Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario and back, did it in 14 hours.
    Haven't done that ride in quite a few years, and needed to see how the new F6B did on a log day trip. Yep, it did well, the seat is so much more comfortable than my previous bike.
    A few things I seem to have forgotten about northern Michigan though, the temperature really drops up there, and the high winds on the bridge will scare the heck out of you.
    The mosquitos up there are HUGE!

Temp

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    I just beat you by 3, did 731 miles from Detroit, north over the Mackinac Bridge, up to Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario and back, did it in 14 hours.
    Haven't done that ride in quite a few years, and needed to see how the new F6B did on a log day trip. Yep, it did well, the seat is so much more comfortable than my previous bike.
    A few things I seem to have forgotten about northern Michigan though, the temperature really drops up there, and the high winds on the bridge will scare the heck out of you.
    The mosquitos up there are HUGE!
    4am when i left is was 68 degress i was checking as i when up and down the mountains....lowest was 64 degrees and highest was 84...so nice day for a ride....and im glad to see someone else putting some high mileage on there bike in a Day!

Ride in Ark

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Always have liked riding in Ark,,,
    IM on your way....let me know next time your headed through!

Dang. I only did 609... Durango to lubbock. Attachment 5956Attachment 5957

Quote Originally Posted by miramiramira View Post
    I recognize that pull off. That's close to Chama. Love that road with the long sweepers!

great ride

Quote Originally Posted by miramiramira View Post
    Looks like you had a GREAT RIDE TOO!

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I recognize that pull off. That's close to Chama. Love that road with the long sweepers!
    Exactly, Chama to Tres Piedras. Beautiful run, beautiful country, and pretty empty. The road is getting a little weary in spots, but it's still a delight.