Exhaust Leak

Thread: Exhaust Leak

Exhaust Leak

So, the last few times out I start the bike as I'm getting my helmet on and heard an exhaust leak. Finally got around to investigating what was leaking and I found a small hole on the bottom, leading end of each muffler with exhaust pumping out. Looks like a drain hole however; I do remember ever hearing an exhaust leak when I first bought the bike. Did plugs fall out? Are they all this way? Thanks.

If your bike is stock I don't know what it is..My bike has Cobra's on it and after a while I noticed a small amount of rust around the area where the clamps that hold the slip-ons are located. I talked with the people at Cobra and was told it was probably caused by humidity/and damp air that created a small amount of moisture in the pipes. I drilled a very small hole underneath the clamp area on both pipes and no more rusting...In colder weather when I start the bike a small amount of water blows out underneath the bike's pipes, but unless I get down on the ground and stick my ear right next to the pipe I hear nothing......

+1 above...when my Cobras were new there was quite a bit of water that would blow out the back...once the pipes broke in that stopped ???
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Stock pipes and each muffler has the same 1/8" hole that has exhaust blowing out. It's actually a loud ticking exhaust leak. Just don't know if there were plugs in the drain holes that fell out?

LSA, there is not a plug for that hole, I double checked on the parts fiche. It's just a drain hole. I would check the clamps where the muffler attaches to the pipes and if they are good I would take it back to the dealer under warranty.

The holes are there for condensation to drain from the mufflers, they never had plugs in them.
    If you think you have a exhaust leak, I would swing by a Dealer for sure.

Does anybody else have exhaust coming out the drain holes?

I have Cobras on but I'm sure all stock exhaust have exhaust coming out that hole.