Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
I know that the big producer such as Honda and Suzuki trial test multiple sets of tires to get the right road handling ability out of their motorcycles. The OEM tires that come on your ride are usually the best they have found to go with the suspension and handling characteristics of your motorcycle.
I for one never would change out an OEM set for a different tire. I ran Dunlops for 8 years on my 07 M109R when others changed them out and I never had the tires lose traction or do anything stupid on the various road surfaces. I ran curves hard with those tires without a whimper.
These original stone on my new bike are doing exceptionally well running curve and just overall very good road manners on every road surface I have had them on. I again see no reason to fix what isn't broken and is working correctly for the job at hand. Just my humble opinion.
With my OEM Stone delivering 16,643 miles of service and the Ax delivering 23,034 of service, the 6391 mile difference in wear solidifies my decision to deviate from the norm. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Motorcycles, engine oils, seats, handlebar geometry, lighting are all subject for "continuous improvement". IMHO tires are no different. Like you, I had a M-109R and used several brands of tires front and back trying to improve overall mileage. A 250 Avon Venom R delivered 12.5K miles wear but was like a surf board in the rain. I like to experiment and tires are just one avenue for discovery.

Ride Safe

bob109