New Front Tire Time - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Front Tire Time

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Pontificated! Gee! Thanks for the flattery
    I meant that in a good way.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

In the process of replacing my Bridgestone Battlax BT45!
    Originally installed 16 months ago it has provided 23K miles of wear/service.
    Throughout its service life the tire provided sure footed performance and was a great "corner carver" in comparison to the OEM Stone.

Attachment 16850Attachment 16851
    Bob109,
    I had my Bridgestone Battlax BT45 installed on 10April2015 (5 months, 22 days).
    This is what mine looks like after 25,276 miles. It's cupped pretty bad and can be felt while turning at walking speeds.
    OEM Bridgestone 15,492 miles. Dunlop Elite 3 11,192 miles with maybe 1 to 2k left in it.

Attachment 16925 Attachment 16924

Quote Originally Posted by yabiah View Post
    Bob109,
    I had my Bridgestone Battlax BT45 installed on 10April2015 (5 months, 22 days).
    This is what mine looks like after 25,276 miles. It's cupped pretty bad and can be felt while turning at walking speeds.
    OEM Bridgestone 15,492 miles. Dunlop Elite 3 11,192 miles with maybe 1 to 2k left in it.

Attachment 16925 Attachment 16924
    Tim:

Thank you for your contribution to this thread. Info like your's, IMHO, is priceless. I, like your, began to experience tire rumble in corners, at speed and when slowly backing the bike and turning the bars at the same time. I personally believe that should the Ax be used on a Trike application, one could safely get 30K miles of wear, as the tire would't be subjected to any "lean"! The Ax has provided the highest mileage of any front tire I have used on a variety of "heavy cruisers" I've owned, bar none. It's the reason I had a spare Ax on hand and no hesitation about its continued use. I personally like the "sport bike" handling in comparison to the OEM Stone. The narrower width when mounted to the rim (1/4" narrower than the OEM Stone) and the higher radius of the tread surely contributes to the improved handling/feeling.

If you could share the tire pressure you are using, that would be "icing on the cake"

Thanks again!

Ride Safe

bob109

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Wonder what that Bridgestone Battlax would've looked like if you squeezed out the additional 1.5k on it; as you had remarked in post #9 above; in this thread?
    Looks like your question has been answered In yabiak's post #22 he has two photos of his Ax with 25,276 miles of wear. That's 2242 miles wear beyond the 23,034 miles I received

.../SNIP/...
    The narrower width when mounted to the rim (1/4" narrower than the OEM Stone) and the higher radius of the tread surely contributes to the improved handling/feeling.
    .../SNIP/...
    Higher profile as well? That's another positive; that will help a little with the lean angle (more clearance).

Looks like your question has been answered In yabiak's post #22 he has two photos of his Ax with 25,276 miles of wear. That's 2242 miles wear beyond the 23,034 miles I received
    Good stuff

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Tim:
    If you could share the tire pressure you are using, that would be "icing on the cake"
    Thanks again!
    Ride Safe,
    bob109
    bob, I keep it around 39psi with Ride-On tire sealant.
    I think I'll try 41psi.

Bridgestone Battlax BT45 R&R

Bridgestone Battlax BT45 removed after 52,069 miles.
    Looks the same as it did in post #22.

Installed new Bridgestone Battlax BT45, with Ride-On tire sealant. I'll run this one at 41psi.

Cool

Went by the Honda shop and ordered the BT-45...they will put it on when they to the re-call work on Tue ...
    Then stopped at Cycle Gear to buy another 8 oz bottle of Ride-on ...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Picked up my bike today and scrubbed in the tire before the rain sets in. NO B.S. from dealer with installing the AX on the front. I have a great dealer and service manager as well !!! Went for a quick spin to feel the tire. There is no need to balance the tire it is perfect as is. I will add Ride-On and set psi to 41. Will see. The stock tire I got 20K miles, the next tire a Stone 509 I think, I got 10K... will see what this one does !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Picked up my bike today and scrubbed in the tire before the rain sets in. NO B.S. from dealer with installing the AX on the front. I have a great dealer and service manager as well !!! Went for a quick spin to feel the tire. There is no need to balance the tire it is perfect as is. I will add Ride-On and set psi to 41. Will see. The stock tire I got 20K miles, the next tire a Stone 509 I think, I got 10K... will see what this one does !
    Steve! Keeps us updated on you experience! The Ax, depending on road surfaces, will induce a slight handle bar vibration until the center grove edges soften/round over (first 3 hundred miles or so)! At least it did with mine! Looking forward to any and all detail you provide.

Ride Safe

bob109