Should I upgrade o a Big Daddy wing?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I upgrade o a Big Daddy wing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Should I upgrade o a Big Daddy wing?

I have had my F6B for over a year now and have 14,500 miles on it. This is compared to 22k in six years on my M109R that I sold to get the F6B.

What I found out doing the Big Money Rally is I like the long distance rides. Looking at what it would costs to add, nav, xm, radar, and it would be nice to have cruise I am thinking about getting a Full Gold Wing.

For those of you who have had both, what kind of differences would I notice. Such as higher CG, front wheel wobble which I have heard about, etc?
    "Ride Shiny Side Up"

i am also considering the "big wing upgrade" in a year or two
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

I trully enjoy my GoldWing, you won't notice much difference moving up from the F6B. Yes a little bit more top heavy but nothing to sweat about, I LIKE my cruise control and extra storage.

My Rune is the F6B's earlier sibling without cruise control .... beautiful and fun bike BUT the GoldWing is my "go to" Bike.

AND for the SMART A** out of Tejas .... I just turned 48 so kiss my My COUCH Rocket is NOT an old man's Bike

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

I occasionally ride with a guy 71 and he "flings" his 900+lbs. Goldwing around like a sport bike and simply loves the thing....I would not hesitate to get a GW if my needs were such but they are not anymore...Personally, I preferred to ride my 2011 Vision Tour on the road more so than his GW, and my F6B...The Victory is outstanding on the highway with top notch wind protection, lots of room, great handling and such...Some say a little short on storage space but never an issue for me....Not as smooth as the GW, but otherwise a very nice touring ride....

I moved up to the F6B from a 2008 Goldwing. I don't think I will ever need a "Granny Chair Wing" again.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

My personal opinion is Honda made this bike to get people into the Wing state of mind, so moving to the full loaded bike makes sense to me.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    I have had my F6B for over a year now and have 14,500 miles on it. This is compared to 22k in six years on my M109R that I sold to get the F6B.

What I found out doing the Big Money Rally is I like the long distance rides. Looking at what it would costs to add, nav, xm, radar, and it would be nice to have cruise I am thinking about getting a Full Gold Wing.

For those of you who have had both, what kind of differences would I notice. Such as higher CG, front wheel wobble which I have heard about, etc?
    ROOM..More Leg Room on F6B

I have some startling news for you wihpper snappers. When the age of 70 rolls around, riding distance tends to diminish. The F6B is one great transition to the riding time extender, the trike. The only draw back is the red is too damn fast for old farts.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

After two full Wings, I went to the F6B. I am definitely, at 65, in the old mans category but really enjoy the nimble handling and power this version offers over its big brother. I have not missed the heated seats, foot warmers, reverse, or cruise control. I also like the fact that I have never experienced the dreaded Wing front end wobble on the F6B that existed on my two full Wings. I will most probably go back to the full Wing when I decide to extend my riding years by going to a trike. I just hope that is many years in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]