Should I upgrade o a Big Daddy wing? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Should I upgrade o a Big Daddy wing?

Don't need one.....

No Big Daddy wing for me!! I love the F6B ride, has CB, GPS, Sat Radio, MP3's, Phone hookup, and enough room for my gear.......nope I'm sticking with the F6B.......just got back from a two week trip......no problems and had a great ride.

Attachment 6427

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    I pulled the trigger and purchased a Metallic Blue new 2013 with ABS tonight and had to say goodbye to my much loved F6B.

Thanks for the input, and I am going to missed the head turning as I rode by on the F6B.

Looked at the BMW and I am a low maintenance kind of guy, and love the Wing features, even if I'm 45 on an old mans bike. Lol

Cheers
    Congrats on your new GW.

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    Something to think about....I just bought a level 3 Goldwing and had it converted to an f6b, so now I have a bike that looks like an f6b but has ABS, cruise, heated seats, and navigation...maybe the best of both worlds (and maybe about 30 pounds lighter than the big wing).
    I would love to hear more about your conversion. I.e. What year did you start with? What parts did you need. Any estimate on costs? I really like the idea of a conversion of a several-year-old Wing with cruise and ABS.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBurns40 View Post
    I would love to hear more about your conversion. I.e. What year did you start with? What parts did you need. Any estimate on costs? I really like the idea of a conversion of a several-year-old Wing with cruise and ABS.
    I had it done at Schroaders Honda in Hendersonville, NC. It's pricey at around $4000, but you do end up with basically an f6b with all the goodies. It has to be a 2012 or later model to do the conversion. I had it done to a 2014 blacked out version which looks like the black f6b and really looks good (if you like black). Got almost 1100 miles on it so far and quite pleased with it. Not quite as fast as my '13 f6b was but feels faster than my '08 wing did.