Vtx 1800 Retro Vs F6B
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vtx 1800 Retro Vs F6B

Vtx 1800 Retro Vs F6B

Hi!
    First post here but i've been following you guys since
    Few weeks. Gotta vtx 1800 2003 r and love it. But...
    It seems that at night, i dream of someone else... Yep
    This F6B is getting me crazy about her... Will i cheat on my Vtx and
    Switch my love???
    Is there any of you who had a vtx before and can
    Tell me what big improvement or + or - between both?
    Im really close on a deal on a brand new one... Just holding myself
    And trying to analyse this situation the best i can. I love to travel long distance,
    I like the comfort, power, liability of my vtx
    But i think i can get more with the 6. Any regrets from the obe who sold it?
    My bike is paid. Am i stupid to go after a new one and... Spend again?
    Or do it really worth it? Honestly, comparing all the plus and minus.
    Thanks!

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Test ride a 6,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Test ride a 6,,,,
    Did a short one, at a honda dealer... We were a GROUP of ten, 8 of us were crazy dangerous drivers. Didn t have the time to appreciate or not... Thinking more about my safety! Was Done the WRONG way with the dealer. Mix of sports bike etc. 10 at the time, 15 minutes of dangerous driving. I m trying to do another one today. But if owners of vtx can tell a few words i would appreciate... If there s any!

you sir are in the same dilemma I was in. I have a 2003 1800 VTX set up for touring, mustang seat, fairing ,bags etc. The love of my life, I have over 70,000 great miles. While taking her in for a valve adjustment ( as required ) I saw the F6B got my attention my dealer said would you want to sit on her ? mistake 1 and I did. Do you want to ride her ? mistake 2. I have had over 30 motorcycles in my life time NOTHING and I mean NOTHING compares to a F6B ! I looked at and rode a HD street glide and Victory cross country both similar to my VTX but while being great bikes not in the ballpark of a F6B I could go on but like the guys here say ride it you will be amazed

Quote Originally Posted by GentleDoum View Post
    Hi!
    First post here but i've been following you guys since
    Few weeks. Gotta vtx 1800 2003 r and love it. But...
    It seems that at night, i dream of someone else... Yep
    This F6B is getting me crazy about her... Will i cheat on my Vtx and
    Switch my love???
    Is there any of you who had a vtx before and can
    Tell me what big improvement or + or - between both?
    Im really close on a deal on a brand new one... Just holding myself
    And trying to analyse this situation the best i can. I love to travel long distance,
    I like the comfort, power, liability of my vtx
    But i think i can get more with the 6. Any regrets from the obe who sold it?
    My bike is paid. Am i stupid to go after a new one and... Spend again?
    Or do it really worth it? Honestly, comparing all the plus and minus.
    Thanks!
    There is really no comparison. They are totally different bikes.
    I have a VN 2000 which is very similar to your VTX 1800. I have ridden lots of VTX 1800's also.
    The F6B will be smoother and handle a lot better. For long distances the F6B is the way to go. There is nothing wrong with the VTX, just a different type of ride. Have both and get the best of everything.
    Rick

2005 VTX 1800 best bike I've ever owned.
    loaded with everything and I mean everything never a problem. but not quite a true touring bike. the f6 is a touring bagger with Cruiser characteristics. best of all worlds. and of course not to mention reliability above all. superior handling over the VTX. similar engine performance, both incredibly fast. v-twin thump compared to a bike that sounds like a Porsche. almost zero shop maintenance required on the 6. although my valves on the VTX rarely need adjusting. the f6 is the funnest bike I have ever ridden. and did I say plush. and like the VTX it will spank about all other bikes out there.
    just my experience
    Jim
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Selling my 2005 VTX1800F and not looking back.

Loved it for 9 years but the F6B out-handles it.

Power delivery is more linear.

More stock creature comforts : MP3, Radio,( heated grips, self-cancelling turn signals, center stand, passenger backrest if you get the deluxe.)

I can go so much faster, smoother, longer on the F6B.

JMHO
    2013 Black Deluxe( Sold), 2012 VFR1200 DCT, 2018 Gold Wing DCT

Quote Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
    you sir are in the same dilemma I was in. I have a 2003 1800 VTX set up for touring, mustang seat, fairing ,bags etc. The love of my life, I have over 70,000 great miles. While taking her in for a valve adjustment ( as required ) I saw the F6B got my attention my dealer said would you want to sit on her ? mistake 1 and I did. Do you want to ride her ? mistake 2. I have had over 30 motorcycles in my life time NOTHING and I mean NOTHING compares to a F6B ! I looked at and rode a HD street glide and Victory cross country both similar to my VTX but while being great bikes not in the ballpark of a F6B I could go on but like the guys here say ride it you will be amazed
    Glad to hear that! I know about the paint issuee, some complaining about the pegs too low in turns.... But still, i love the engine. Vtx has been great so far but after 10 years, i m ready for another thrill! Next year im planning montreal-vancouver, then going south and coming all way back by the States. Need a good horse to do the trip ! Really appreciate your comment! Thanks

Indeed my vtx was and still a great one! Maybe it s the fact of leaving lots of chrome, great paint (red candy) and geat memories. I was curious to hear from previous owners of vtx, if they were missing it or on the opposite glad that they made the move , even if they loved it.
    I will do another road test in the morning of monday, all alone this time and for an hour! I will test it badly!!!!
    We don t (????) have the deluxe version here in canada, only the basic one with abs. Im already planning to add heated grips, floorboard ( big or small?), large rack, 11 windshield or 13 ( im 5,10) , highway pegs .always lloking at all your posts to get advises and opinions.

Right now they have few 2013 left. Were selling it at 23.000$.
    The deal now is 18,500$

I think the vtx is slowly leaving my mind....

Quote Originally Posted by GentleDoum View Post

I think the vtx is slowly leaving my mind....
    Let it goooooo.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"