Sturgis '14 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sturgis '14

Alcohol can have a way of doing that. bseg

MSGT-R, was nice to talk to you, possible see you in Sturgis. Remember to keep it quiet after 10. lol

In getting ready for Sturgis, an oil change is in order, read way to much and decided on Lucas 10W30 synthetic and the K&N 204, I think it is. Will get her up on the lift and check everything I have touched. lol

This time next week I should be a couple of hours from Huron and the last bed, oops, I have the floor, for a while.

S O came down w/herniated disk pressing on the sciatic nerve, 3 weeks ago, can not work, constant muscle spasms w/pain has to use a cane and has not me as good meal since this started ! lol Has not leaned toward hinting/gilt trip thing yet, about going, I am starting to train the dog to bark uncontrollable if she goes down and am willing to buy her one of the those loud air horn things to attract attention.

Might have to leave a little earlier before she gets any ideas.

Change of plans, leaving early Tuesday morning, riding straight threw, 700 miles, yea ha.

heading down on the 31st.

Taking off from Fargo on the 31st. Staying in spearfish and will start every morning driving down the canyon, on to Custer, around the needles, up iron horse, through deadwood or rapid city then to JP cycles in sturgis and downtown for food . Have to drive a little bit in the hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hagen View Post
    Taking off from Fargo on the 31st. Staying in spearfish and will start every morning driving down the canyon, on to Custer, around the needles, up iron horse, through deadwood or rapid city then to JP cycles in sturgis and downtown for food . Have to drive a little bit in the hills.
    That's why we are getting their early, to get some good riding in before the hoard hits the roads.

Today and tomorrow evening are my last prep times. Changing oil / filter today and to check everything that I have touched since I got the 6.

Then to pack the trailer, bought a Coleman 2000 generator, small swimming pool, screen tent, tent, chair, tarps, carafe, tall twin mattress, blow up doll...

Blow up doll..

Leaving the morning of the 3rd from Denver, stopping @ Corbin's digs before ending up at the campground.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Heading out early the 31st should arrive late afternoon on the 1st. Hope to see a few of you on the rides.

I'm leaving Lakewood ca. at 4am on Thursday..Going to stop at the Chevron station by 5am and meet up with other riders at hwy 138. then meet with 2 more riders in Yermo at Ghost town rd at 6am for a bite to eat on the road by 7am...So if anybody wants to meet up we will there on saturday...Hook 562-630-5959

PS we will staying one night in Utah and the second night in Wyoming

Road to 730 miles straight through pulling the loaded to the brim Bushtec trailer.
    Averaging 80 miles per hour. 30 miles to the gallon.
    Didn't even know it was back there , very happy with that purchase. 150 miles riding the Black Hills yesterday 200 today.
    Did I say I love this bike.