UPGRADE TO BELL MAGNUM 9 OR UPGRADE WINDSHIELD?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: UPGRADE TO BELL MAGNUM 9 OR UPGRADE WINDSHIELD?

UPGRADE TO BELL MAGNUM 9 OR UPGRADE WINDSHIELD?

Tried the Bell Mag 9 helmet today. Really liked it. Provides ear protection, windscreen, sunshade and bluetooth capability. Im undecided if I should upgrade the stock windshield or upgrade my helmet. I don't really see a point in doing both. Do the F6b riders here have any advice? Will this helmet do the trick?

Do the Windshield!

No helmet will have much of an impact on the wind, noise, etc. that we get when the stock shield is on the bike. Your radio will remain very difficult to hear unless you swap for a taller, more protective windshield. I have the Baggershield 19", and it made all the difference in the world.

Good luck.

I like wearing a half helmet so windshield it was, Klock Werks Flare for me. Good luck

Clearview shield, small w/ vent
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

What is the minimum Winshield height?

No offence the the riders who use the tall windshield but I really like the sleek look of a low windshield on this bike.
    I've, read and read and read every thread here on windshields but cannot decide. I like the look of a dark shorter windshield and like the look of the Klock Werks but I don't want to go through the aggravation and expense of trying multiple windshields.
    I am 6 foot tall, what is the lowest shield I can get away with.
    I find the wind noise absolutely defening on this bike.

I recently bought a 3/4 face shield Shoei helmet and it is great in my opinion and is the most expensive and best helmet I have purchased in the 45+ years I have been riding..., but it is a little warm as summer weather comes so I bought a less expensive HJC open face helmet with no face shield and just use sunglasses...With the Baggershield windshield on my F6B I hardly feel any difference in wind and road noise between the two helmets....I think I would spend the money on a better windshield first, then perhaps another helmet...JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Exbmwrider View Post
    No helmet will have much of an impact on the wind, noise, etc. that we get when the stock shield is on the bike. Your radio will remain very difficult to hear unless you swap for a taller, more protective windshield. I have the Baggershield 19", and it made all the difference in the world.
    Good luck.
    . A good wind screen is your only hope to silence wind noise. In fact, with hotter weather coming, many riders get interested in helmets that ventilate better. Unfortunately, better air flow in the helmet usually means more wind noise so, once again, the solution to quieten things down is a well-designed wind screen. My Madstad may look a bit "funky" but it's working exceptionally well .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Kfad View Post
    I like wearing a half helmet so windshield it was, Klock Werks Flare for me. Good luck
    Thanks guys. This is all making a lot of sense.

kfad,
    Does the Klock Werks block all the windnoise so you can hear the Radio?
    Do you think it will it work for someone like me who's 6ft tall?
    How tall is the Klock Werks you are using?

(Last week I rode the B.A.D. Charity ride locally here and lost my riding glasses. They blew straight off my face at 120 Kms per hour. I had to buy goggles with the elastic band.)

OE Windshield really sucked. The beauty of the bike pulled us in and I think MOST of us couldn't wait to add our choice of Windshield. A lot of us tried 2 or 3 windshields after going thru our favorite helmets from previous years of riding. Madstad was my final choice and the look really grew on me.

Great riding!

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post
    Thanks guys. This is all making a lot of sense.

kfad,
    Does the Klock Werks block all the windnoise so you can hear the Radio?
    Do you think it will it work for someone like me who's 6ft tall?
    How tall is the Klock Werks you are using?

(Last week I rode the B.A.D. Charity ride locally here and lost my riding glasses. They blew straight off my face at 120 Kms per hour. I had to buy goggles with the elastic band.)
    im afraid you either half to try a madstad,or live with the noise if you want a shorty screen..
    most of use a speaking from a lot of experience here...
    what works for me may not be cool for you
    i ride a stock goldwing redrilled to make it shorter
    i can listen to my music,wear a half helmet or ride with my modular helmet in the up position with no flutter
    im 6'1 280...i tried all the other shields..i can ride all day and i can ride a passenger in comfort...
    cool factor it looses but ridability it has...
    if you go with the klockwerks go big or go home...
    just saying