Coolvest info - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coolvest info

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Bit the bullet and ordered some 'phase change' vests made by Polar Products:

http://www.polarproducts.com/polarsh...st-403p197.htm

Best price was here:

http://healthproductsforyou.com/p-29...ling-vest.html

Up until the 15th or 16th, you can use coupon code DAD2014 for an additional extra 10% off,,,

The dang things are pretty pricey,,, sure hope they work!

Cooling Vest

I ride with a Hyperkewl evaporative vest here in the deserts of New Mexico where high humidity is anything above 20%. Works great for me and provides about 3 hours cooling before needing rewetting. Almost too cold in the mountains at 75 degrees and 55mph, very comfortable at 109 degrees and 65 mph. For those of us lucky enough to live where you don't jump in the shower to dry off these type vest work.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMRed View Post
    I ride with a Hyperkewl evaporative vest here in the deserts of New Mexico where high humidity is anything above 20%. Works great for me and provides about 3 hours cooling before needing rewetting. Almost too cold in the mountains at 75 degrees and 55mph, very comfortable at 109 degrees and 65 mph. For those of us lucky enough to live where you don't jump in the shower to dry off these type vest work.
    Good advice!!!

The Evap vests are a lot less expensive than what I posted above!

In my opinion,,,, anyone who lives in a 'moderate to low' humidity area should at least try an evap vest before droppin coin on something more expensive. Granted, not everyone will like 'em, but in the right location, the 'bang for the buck' provided by an Evap is pretty darn high!