Luggage for a weekend? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Luggage for a weekend?

Iron Rider worked well

Ok, just got back from a weekend in Vt. I had plenty of room with the Iron rider "Main Bag". I will probably order another bag to attach to the top of this one for my 1 week Maine vacation in August. This bad was rock solid on the trip. It is fairly large and stayed securely attached during the trip.
    20130623_092304.jpg20130623_134505.jpg

The bike rode real well and with the luggage on the back and a passenger, I could tell there was some added weight on the back. The front end seemed to feel lighter. I'll probably try adjusting the rear spring a little before the Maine trip.

The Ogio bag does have tie downs

There are 4 straps that are looped at one end with the male half of a banana clip on the other (adjustable at the end with the clip). There is a female banana clip on each lower corner of the bag.

Just wrap each strap around the point on the bike you want to attach it to, pass it through its own loop, click to the bag and cinch it tight. I use the rear rack for the aft straps and the passenger grab rails for the forward ones. Since the end that attaches to the bike is just pulled through its own loop, you don't have to worry about excess strap flapping around and beating up that fragile finish.

Once you're happy with where you anchor each strap, the bag goes on and off quickly.

I like the outside pockets for the "quick grab" stuff - change, sunglasses, wallet, etc. the bigger compartment is perfect for a change of clothes, raingear and spare face shield (I wear a smoked/tinted one in bright sun).

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Yes. Yesterday when I was at South Bound Honda, in Lakewood, WA. (Tacoma area) the owner of the dealership (Dale) showed me his F6B, and that he had made a custom rear rack. This custom rack is just what you want. It mounts in the samem place as the Honda rack...under the passenger backrest, and it is about a foot square...or maybe slightly larger. It is Black, done very professionally, and looks great.

Contact Dale @ http://www.southboundhonda.com/ He is the owner, along with his wife Vicki. They own two Honda dealerships, a second one in Olympia, WA. Dale works in the Service Dept. at South Bound Honda.

Call him, talk to him about his custom made rear rack on his own personal bike, and ask if he will make one for you. It really is that good. It looks like Honda made it...not a back yard mechanic kinda-look.
    I bought my f6b there last weekend and Vicki was my salesperson. I was back over there today to look at the custom rack Dale made. It's great. More functional and much better than Honda's rack. Looks very professionally made. He told me he is hoping that the racks will be available this coming week.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    I bought my f6b there last weekend and Vicki was my salesperson. I was back over there today to look at the custom rack Dale made. It's great. More functional and much better than Honda's rack. Looks very professionally made. He told me he is hoping that the racks will be available this coming week.

KJ, congrats on the new bike. Vicki is a great person to deal with...all business. Thanks for the confirmation on the very good rear racks that Dale makes. It would be nice to see him make 50 or 100, for sale to other riders.

If you ever want to get together for coffee, etc, let me know.

Miles