Luggage for a weekend? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Luggage for a weekend?

Best way to go for a ride with your sweetie and have enough room for her stuff as well as yours is to get her a F6B for herself.

Mine has to make do with a VTX1300T until we get her one.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I bought mine from BikerBandit but I found a better deal on leatherup.com I paid $120, $106 at leatherup.com

I like all the room it has, the flat bottom, how well it fits on the bike and how easy it is to access everything.
    Leatherup.com it will be. Thanks for the tip! Do we need to purchase any extra anchor points to secure the bag to the rear rack? I love this forum for all the great information shared!

No actually, it's comes with everything you need. i thought I needed a strap to go around the backrest but wrapped in the rain cover is a shoulder strap along with two adjustable straps, one you can use to go around the backrest. there are two permanent straps on the bag that strap to the rack itself. The big Velcro flap on the bag doesn't work well for securing it to the backrest. The backrest is just too short for that.

Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by MSGT-R View Post
    Looks sleek but sized more like a toiletries bag!

This bag isn't huge, but

it holds a pretty good amount in addition to the saddlebags:

http://www.mandmcycles.com/default.a...Fcad4AodckMAQg

What I like is that it will mount on the stock F6B Deluxe rear rack, as well as the passenger seat. On the rack, the secret is to secure the forward straps to the passenger handrail. That holds it forward enough to keep it on the rack without laying on the bike's finish. When mounted on the stock seat, it compliments the step nicely to form a rider backrest.

Since I only have to pack for one for extended trips, this and the saddlebags should be more than enough space for me. I've learned to pack pretty lightly. Occupational hazard, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by av8rdave View Post
    it holds a pretty good amount in addition to the saddlebags:

http://www.mandmcycles.com/default.a...Fcad4AodckMAQg

What I like is that it will mount on the stock F6B Deluxe rear rack, as well as the passenger seat. On the rack, the secret is to secure the forward straps to the passenger handrail. That holds it forward enough to keep it on the rack without laying on the bike's finish. When mounted on the stock seat, it compliments the step nicely to form a rider backrest.

Since I only have to pack for one for extended trips, this and the saddlebags should be more than enough space for me. I've learned to pack pretty lightly. Occupational hazard, I suppose.
    Looked at your link and they don't have the size of the bag.How does your measure out?-Height,width and depth.Thanks I like the price and the bag looks nice.

Just about ready

I was pretty impressed with how much I was able to fit into this bike's saddlebags.

I fit a full face helmet, 2 pair of chaps, 2 leather Jackets (no armor), full rain gear (FroggTogg jacket, pants, boots), one pair of women's boots, extra gloves and cargo net, and some tissues and napkins. I probably could have fit more by using filling the inside of the helmet.

I decided to go with DowCo Iron Rider series luggage. We'll see how it works. It cost about $87 (http://www.speedaddictcycles.com/pro...-Main-Bag.html ) for this main bag. It has a firm base so it doesn't sag onto the tupperware.
    Securing it to the bike takes some pondering since the back rest is so short the wide velcro straps are a little difficult to slide between the backrest and the seat. There are multiple straps provided to anchor the bag to the luggage rack and any other secure point on the bike. The points I chose were the backrest, the luggage rack and the rear speaker brackets.

It's about 3/4 full but I've waaaay overpacked for a weekend.
    When I get back I'll report on how the luggage worked out. I bought the "Main Bag" and other shapes and sizes can be added and attached onto the top.

20130620_200854.jpg 20130620_200745.jpg

Sorry didn't see this sooner

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Looked at your link and they don't have the size of the bag.How does your measure out?-Height,width and depth.Thanks I like the price and the bag looks nice.
    It's 7" X 13" X 14"

It expands a bit in the 7" direction when you pack it full. When I'm riding locally, I stand it on its side and put it in the left saddlebag. My iPhone/iPod zips plugs into the USB port and zips nicely into the side pocket. Seems to give it pretty good protection.

Quote Originally Posted by av8rdave View Post
    It's 7" X 13" X 14"

It expands a bit in the 7" direction when you pack it full. When I'm riding locally, I stand it on its side and put it in the left saddlebag. My iPhone/iPod zips plugs into the USB port and zips nicely into the side pocket. Seems to give it pretty good protection.
    Thanks for the info.I see in the picture it has a pad underneath it and I was wondering if it has tie downs that come with it.I want a bag to tie down to the seat as my standard does not have a rack or backrest and I don't want to put them on my bike.Size wise it looks perfect for my needs.