Electric Harley - What the
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electric Harley - What the

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ride it like you stole it

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    It will be the first Harley ever that doesn't leak oil!

Ride it like you stole it

Ponder, does one get a CD of Harley noise so as to fit in the Fantasy Harley World?
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    Ponder, does one get a CD of Harley noise so as to fit in the Fantasy Harley World?
    Yes and a fake oil puddle to leave under your bike where-ever you park it.

I guess that is better than finding rice puddled under yours………
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I guess we can expect a scooter next since they have included an electric bike along with a copy of Yamaha's Bolt, that's made in India BTW, in their lineup.

Another reason why I have never cared for HD. Here's to you HD

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    The LiveWire offers 74 horsepower, 52 foot-pounds of torque and a (governed) top speed of 92 mph. It’s more powerful and quicker off the line than the $13,000 Zero DS, but it’s got less torque and range. That said, it’s got more torque and power than Harley’s Iron 883.

Still, Harley execs and engineers don’t like talking about specs. They don’t want potential customers making judgments based on what the LiveWire offers right now. The LiveWire is a work in progress, based on “what we think our customers are looking for,” Richer says. The company hopes to glean more info during the LiveWire tour, and iterate accordingly to suit consumer tastes. Think of this as LiveWire v1.0.

Harley isn’t saying much about the drivetrain beyond saying the bike uses a lithium-ion battery with a range of 53 miles. It charges in 3.5 hours at 220 volts. Assuming the bike has a 3.3 kw charging system like other electric motorcycles, some back-of-the-envelope math suggests the LiveWire uses a 10 kilowatt-hour pack. Twist the throttle and the bike leaps forward with authority. Roll off the throttle and the regenerative braking kicks in, bringing the bike down from speed with due efficiency.

Zero to 60 MPH in under 4 seconds.

With a range of 53 mph, and a top speed of 92, if ya pegged it at 92 mph, that 53 miles would take ya about ~35~ minutes,,, then ya sit for another 3 1/2 hrs,,, That gives you a sustainable average speed of ~about~ 13 mph,,,

Don't really give a flyin fug if it can go 0 to 60 in 4 seconds,, I'll race ya from Dallas to Houston,,, you on a 'lectric Hog, and me on a moped,,, I'd still whup that 'lectric lemon!!!

:

I wonder what the price tag will be on "Sparky"?

I think the operative words are "work in progress". I don't expect this to amount to anything except a research vehicle until the day we see electric cars as an economical and practical alternative for a person to own as his sole vehicle. I love the idea of a fake oil puddle to place under it. Maybe the lack of vibration will help keep it from self destructing.