Photo: Which one of us made the news? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo: Which one of us made the news?

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    I did notice it was a picture of the faster red bike!
    They tried to take a picture of the stealth black, but it was too fast to register on the camera's sensor.

I agree with Jaygollner, I don't see anything wrong with the article. Good reminder to practice your skills and be safe. Your never to old to die.

Quote Originally Posted by jakec View Post
    I agree with Jaygollner, I don't see anything wrong with the article. Good reminder to practice your skills and be safe. Your never to old to die.
    But the article focuses far more on age than skill. "Using age makes no sense without factoring in the other circumstances. A guy who is 60, and has ridden solid for 40 years, putting 12k a year on his bike vs. a 60 year old who "rode dirt bikes as a kid" and goes out and buys a Road King to play pirate on the weekends are two VERY different statistics."

One of the comments put this in perspective:

Second, the statistics pretty well mirror the general population. About 90% of motorcyclists are male, and in general, nearly 56% of the population is over 45. Therefore, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about his statistics that are out of the ordinary.

Of the 86 bikers and passengers killed in 2013, 90 percent were male and nearly 57 percent were 45 or older. Twenty-four were 55 or older.

Of the 27 fatalities thus far this year, 93 percent were male and 44 percent were 45 or older

Life is good us card carrying old farts still have the rite to decide when it's time to stop.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

F6BPDX, that's a point well made.

Lets open the big can of worms. At what age will the state decide to stop issuing riding endorsements because of age? Just when you thought the trike was riding time extender, an older friend of mine in the Legion Riders was sitting in a right turn land when a cage driver changed lanes and rolled his Harley trike. The impact rolled the trike causing severe damage and breaking his shoulder. No age of the cage driver was mentioned.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!