Please help, upcoming Colorado trip
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please help, upcoming Colorado trip

Please help, upcoming Colorado trip

So here's my dilemma, please bear with me. Have a 10 day trip to Colorado coming up with co-workers. We are trailering out there as we cannot take enough days off to ride it. I got my F6 in early May but was fortunate enough to be able to keep my old bike; an '07 1500 Vulcan Classic with cobra exhaust. 10 of us are going, 2 full Wings(my 57 yr old father and his same aged friend), a 21ish guy on a Yamaha sport bike, a 40 something guy with a Suzuki m109, 40 something on a small cruiser, with too big a fairing (forget the make and model), and 4 on Harley's ~ three 40 something's and a 19 yr old (all sportsters, no SGs or RKs). My dilemma being, I don't know which bike to take. Before you flame me too hard, let me explain. I LOVE my F6, will probably never get rid of it, can perform on it better than any bike I've ever ridden. BUT my Vulcan is LOUD and it's like my old childhood friend and the F6 is the hot new girlfriend. Admittedly, I want to take my Vulcan out of spite to Harley. So all those "hog" riders can see how much they overpay for their name-only and how much more bike I got compared to their 1100cc, 1200cc sportsters and how it sounds just as good. Plus of course I admit the "Old-Wing" stigma bothers me a bit when in a group. If it's just my wife and I on the 6 I'm perfectly fine with it. I just dispise what Harley is, and the fan-boys who ride them. (Not all Harley owners are fan-boys, I know) Its just I worry about catching shit on the F6 cause I'm on a Seniors bike when I've got a Harley-comprable bike at home that'd I'd take over any Harley.

So if anyone reads all of this I'm sorry and thank you. I just need some comments to psych me up and convince me the F6 is the right ride to take. Again I LOVE my F6. Also I'm 27 yrs old. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    The one with the best tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    So here's my dilemma, please bear with me. Have a 10 day trip to Colorado coming up with co-workers. We are trailering out there as we cannot take enough days off to ride it. I got my F6 in early May but was fortunate enough to be able to keep my old bike; an '07 1500 Vulcan Classic with cobra exhaust. 10 of us are going, 2 full Wings(my 57 yr old father and his same aged friend), a 21ish guy on a Yamaha sport bike, a 40 something guy with a Suzuki m109, 40 something on a small cruiser, with too big a fairing (forget the make and model), and 4 on Harley's ~ three 40 something's and a 19 yr old (all sportsters, no SGs or RKs). My dilemma being, I don't know which bike to take. Before you flame me too hard, let me explain. I LOVE my F6, will probably never get rid of it, can perform on it better than any bike I've ever ridden. BUT my Vulcan is LOUD and it's like my old childhood friend and the F6 is the hot new girlfriend. Admittedly, I want to take my Vulcan out of spite to Harley. So all those "hog" riders can see how much they overpay for their name-only and how much more bike I got compared to their 1100cc, 1200cc sportsters and how it sounds just as good. Plus of course I admit the "Old-Wing" stigma bothers me a bit when in a group. If it's just my wife and I on the 6 I'm perfectly fine with it. I just dispise what Harley is, and the fan-boys who ride them. (Not all Harley owners are fan-boys, I know) Its just I worry about catching shit on the F6 cause I'm on a Seniors bike when I've got a Harley-comprable bike at home that'd I'd take over any Harley.

So if anyone reads all of this I'm sorry and thank you. I just need some comments to psych me up and convince me the F6 is the right ride to take. Again I LOVE my F6. Also I'm 27 yrs old. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.
    how about this...if you dont take it you will be wasting a great trip...you will be amazed at the crowd that bike will draw and i guranteeee you will have WAY more fun..21k on mine and i never regret buying and old mans bike...its a freaking rocket,now the question is are you up to it...
    btw my harley friends all love my 6...most say after riding it they would consider it for there next bike...most cant keep up with it either
    just saying...

I have a VN 2000 Classic, and for a long trip there is no comparison between that and the F6B. Save the Vulcan for short trips and be comfortable.

Bike Choice

Are you kidding! Take the F6B! Ride circles around all of the others. I have never had anyone compare my F6 to a grandpa wing.

besides...the Harley guys will nned someone to tow them when they break down.

My vote goes for the F6. The enjoyment factor is off the scale and Colorado is a great place to ride.

Ray

I vote for the F6B too. More sporty, more comfy and you'll have tunes. Plus everywhere you go your bike will be the one everyone looks at and talks about. The Vulcan is a cool bike but it flies under the radar as "just another cruiser".

Question. If you don't have time to RIDE there, then how do you have time to DRIVE there? JW

Thanks!

Thanks for all the comments guys, just what I needed

Scotrod - I see you being tricky there, "The one with the best tires" Since the 6 is only a month old....

Smokinjoe - I plan to offer them a chance to take it up the road if I catch any flak

Rick - My wife and I were deciding between a '14 Nomad as well before we bought the 6. The stock seat on that Nomad is unbelievable....

Philbert - Thanks for the reassurance, I'll let you know if I get called an old man,

Ray - The 6 is the only bike I've ridden that cause me to involuntarily let out a "woohoo!" while riding. Enjoyment, indeed. And CO is my fav. state in the Union. Rode there 4 years ago. Beautiful state.

Bobby - Thank you. Your comments sealed it for me. Like it or Hate it, my 6 will be the one that gets the attention at stops I'm sure. And you're right again, I wouldn't like to be "just another cruiser" on this trip. As to your question; some people in our group(mainly the Harley folk) have not ridden more than 3, 4, 500 miles on a trip so that's one factor. Also with driving, fatigue and weather is much less of a factor plus we can rotate drivers, this will get us there faster. Unless your Easy Rider, or Miles....., OUR group as whole, will get there in less time driving than if we rode. Plus Kansas is boring (sorry, Kansans).

Thanks very much again everyone! Will wash&wax the 6 tonight. We leave tomorrow morning, 6am.

I love my new F6B and think you made the best choice. The Vulcan won't impress anyone, much less Harley owners. At best it was an attempt to copy a proven product rather than staying with what Kawasaki does best. And, although I'm old I hardly consider the F6B an old guy's bike...too much power and excellent handling. Enjoy your trip.

Take the f6, I rode in colorado last year and would have loved to have had my f6b. The roads are good and curvy. I recommend trail ridge road,you have to pay to get on it but you can ride it multiple days through the park.