What helmet are you using? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What helmet are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Vemar jiano. I have bought three because they are so comfortable and I keep wearing them out. It can be a bit noisy but most modular helmets are.
    I would have to dispute your comment above. Quality well made modular helmets are not noisy.
    Cheap mass market bargain helmets will always be noisy and offer less than ideal protection often barely meeting the minimum DOT standard.
    My ex-wife tells everyone I'm not too smart but I still think spending money on a quality helmet to protect my limited grey matter is a rock solid idea.
    Just my 2 cents.

Beagle

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    I was using an HJC full face and I liked it except it was hot and if you sneezed there was a problem.
    Next I had a VERY inexpensive BILT modular helmet. That was incredibly noisy and an uncomfortable fit.
    I use a UCLEAR boomless com system that is bluetooth linked to my cell for calls and navigation. I could barely hear it in the Bilt helmet. It has noise cancelation so if I yelled to overcome the wind noise in my ears from the helmet, the system would try to cancel my voice. the Neotek is so quiet, talking on the Uclear is just like sitting in my living room and speaking to someone sitting next to me.

Generally, Modular will be noisier than a full face. But you get what you pay for. The Neotek was the most expensive helmet I've ever purchased. The build quality is very good. the face shield seal actually seals. Noise levels will increase slightly with each vent you open. With all vents open it still very quiet compared to the cheaper helmet. So quiet in fact, that when I attached the UCLEAR module to the outside of the helmet, I could hear the turbulance it created, and UCLEAR is a very small module.

It is definitly a comfy helmet and I've never worn a helmet with this much air flow inside. It also has a secondary shield that just about eliminates fogging, and the flip down sunshade is wonderful since I wear glasses.

Neotec would have been my top choice had I wanted a modular. Great fit, very quiet and legendary protection.

Helmet

Arai Corsair 5 for me. Love that helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by MNF6B View Post
    Shoei Neotech.
    Great vents
    Quiet
    Built in sun visor
    Full face modular
    Me too!

I'm gonna get one for my husband..
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

bell star.jpg Bell Star Matte Carbon

For me, the weather is a factor when deciding on what helmet I wear. If temperatures are cool, I wear a Shoei Multitec Helmet. When it's hot I wear a cheap skull cap helmet.

Hows the Neotek for weight??

Anyone using the J-Cruise?

Cool Arai Signet-Q

I wear this helmet and it is fairly light and quite....Pearl Black....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

When the weather's nice I wear a Bell 3/4 helmet, when the rain is coming down hard enough to soak my beard I've got a LS2 modular that works well.

what helmet

Bell Revolver modular comphy looks cool an thats no